Thread: HA server enverionment with directadmin problems

HA server enverionment with directadmin problems

Hello,

I facing some issues wich i cant get solved. I hope someone has done the same so can help me out.

I have 2 Virtual servers centos 7 with directadmin. There are exactly the same.

I want to use Highly available load balancer wich i bought from the hosting company.

Now i need to transfer the directadmin files/settings/users etc into the second server.

I want to replicate if that's possible every 10 min.

Now i have read several articals were people explane that i can do it the best way to use the directadmin Admin backup-->transfer tool and use rsync for downloading the files to server 2 and set up a cron for restore the backup whenever i want.

When I do the backup manually and not yet via a cron, the backup has failed and I can no longer access the DirectAdmin. This is because of an IP problem, I think?

In addition, you have the option to use the restors - Use the IP from the list:
    And as soon as I check this and tick a shared ip address, the restores will go well.

However, when this happens I can not access direct admin on server 2 again.

I think I'm doing something wrong with the ip or forgetting something.

The / home dir where all websites etc are in, I do otherwise with rsync and this works well.

Perhaps someone can help me or see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

That is because you backup/restore admin too. So the password is overwritten. You can access the second server through ssh and change the password back or make them simular.
    Kind regards, Fred

Alentejo Webdesign
    Webdesign with Passion is what we do
    Web development, Hosting, Speed Optimizing & More......