Cannot install Let's Encrypt with Nginx

mrhost

Verified User
Hello,

I have a setup with centos 7, nginx and let's encrypt was working.
I noticed one of my domain stop working so i tried to reinstall the SSL but now i have lost it on two domains.

Every time i try to reinstall the SSL, I receive the following error:

Code:
Requesting new certificate order...
Processing authorization for www.domain.com...
Error: http://www.domain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/letsencrypt_1536970499 is not reachable. Aborting the script.
dig output for www.domain.com:
xxx.xxx.xx.xx
xxx.xxx.xx.xx
Please make sure /.well-known alias is setup in WWW server.

Please keep in mind that this was working with no issues and i tried to update to the latest release of DA.
Anyone can assist, i would be more than happy since our two sites are basically showing SSL error.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

If it shows

Code:
xxx.xxx.xx.xx
xxx.xxx.xx.xx

it might mean the domain is not pointed to your server.

Hello,

If it shows

Code:
xxx.xxx.xx.xx
xxx.xxx.xx.xx

it might mean the domain is not pointed to your server.

Thanks for your response, yes the domain is pointed to the server.
The websites works and shows the IP os the server even when i used the cmd you have provided.

Make sure to have the latest directadmin and letsencrypt script. There is nothing to guess with the information you provided.

Make sure to have the latest directadmin and letsencrypt script. There is nothing to guess with the information you provided.

Yes, i have the latest of both.
What other information should i provide to help diagnose the issue?

Thanks

It's said: Please make sure /.well-known alias is setup in WWW server.

So put a test file into the folder under /var/www/html/.well-known/acme-challenge/ and check whether or not it's accessible over www.domain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/

p.s. search the forums for other similar threads, as they contain all possible solutions.

Back