Can't login to phpmyadmin with DA created users

floyd

Verified User
If I create a database user with directadmin it works just fine for the command line and other php scripts such as wordpress. But for some reason I cannot login using phpmyadmin. I can login with the da_admin username. I can create a user in phpmyadmin and then login as that user. But not if I create it using directadmin.

Any ideas?

Not that I can help you with this, but it might help if you state which version Directadmin, which version Phpmyadmin and which skin you're using.

How do you log in to DirectAdmin when you create the very first database for the user? If you log in to DirectAdmin directly with the username and password, it should work in phpMyAdmin. However if you log in to DirectAdmin as the "admin" user and then click "Login as USER" when you create the first database, then you will not be able to log into phpMyAdmin using the user name and password for that DirectAdmin user account. Because of this, it is important that the first database that is created in a user account, always is created by logging directly into DirectAdmin with the own user name and password for that account. It only happens when you create the first database in a account.

Edit: So what you could try to fix a account like that, is to change the DirectAdmin password and in Enhanced skin it should have a box to check if you also want to change the default database password. Likely that will fix it for existing account.

Last edited:
I am talking about mysql users created based on the main username such as username_test.

Also these were users backed up on one system and then transferred to another system.

What is the difference between creating a mysql user with DA and phpmyadmin?

Also logging in with the command line works ever time. Other scripts work as well. Its only phpmyadmin that fails.

Also logging in with the command line works ever time. Other scripts work as well. Its only phpmyadmin that fails.
Hence my question which version. It might have something to do with it.

Back