Rocket NGINX

knoll

Verified User
hey,
i'm using some wordpress websites on my nginx fastcgi cache server

i have seen this:
https://wordpresssupercharged.com/how-to-install-wp-rocket-on-nginx/

before if was using nginx fastcgi cache i was using wp-rocket as plugin in wordpress to cache and speed up everything
in this article i posted here they install wp-rocket but to use nginx

Rocket NGINX allows us to serve WP Rocket cached files directly without ever hitting WordPress which means you can achieve extremely fast response times. Website requests now go from NGINX → PHP-FPM → PHP → Static file to simply NGINX → Static file. This reduces RAM and CPU usage. Of course preloading the cache can take a concerted effort by the server, but you can mitigate this by letting the server handle CRON jobs instead of WordPress.

anyone tested this? and could it be faster than using no cache plugin on wordpress and just using the nginx fastcgi cache as i do now?
they speak of no need for varnish anymore i see people doing nginx fastcgi + varnish.
So shouldn't it be faster?

grz alex

Hello Alex,

Yes, we tested and installed "WP Rocket On NGINX" on servers of our customers (whenever requested). And as expected pages from a cache are loaded instantly. Please note all the pages can be cached.

Pages with individual content for authorized users, shopping cart, etc can not be cached. So you need to understand how many pages can be really cached.

hey, ok thanks for your reply i understand why not to cache that pages , does the pages load faster than just nginx fastcgi cache i think yes since it does more preload
for some of 15 websites our fastcgi cache only uses something like 29mb for the total use of /var/nginx/cache/
and this is set fastcgi_cache_path /var/nginx/cache levels=1:2 keys_zone=WORDPRESS:1000m inactive=2h;
so i think it could use max 1GB so i think the rocket on nginx thing could cache more than fastcgi like i do now

I don't recommend to use that.

it's better to use CDN like CloudFlare. which improve page speed.

I can help you to configure and setup if you need.

just PM

Back