Bounced Email Recovery

Fatty

Verified User
I noticed today that there was a problem with the catch-all email address set for a specific domain, where it only showed |POPLIST| in the area where a catch-all email account would be selected. Unfortunately, I noticed this problem a bit too late, and a lot of emails were bounced, 83 emails to be exact, and I don't know of any way to have those emails re-sent by the originator. I have fixed fixed the catch-all problem, and the catch-all email address for that domain is now setup and working correctly. In the meantime, I've checked the rejectlog, and 83 emails spanning within the last 48 hours which should've been caught by the catch-all email (had this problem not existed) were rejected with the reasoning of Unrouteable address:

Code:
2018-12-16 04:41:24 H=smtp.someothermailserver.tld (AAA.BBB.CCC.tld) [999.999.999.999] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: Unrouteable address
2018-12-17 00:54:07 H=smtp.someothermailserver.tld (AAA.BBB.CCC.tld) [999.999.999.999] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: Unrouteable address

I'm not sure if it's even possible to recover the contents of those 83 bounced emails, but I thought I'd ask here just in case. I've checked /home/$USER/Maildir/new to no avail (that directory is empty), though I'm not sure if that's even where they'd go. Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Back