Questions about Securing DirectAdmin

nightstryke

Verified User
I've read this forum thread, but I'm not sure if anything in it is up to date enough to even still use.
Forum Thread: http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=14500

I know that APF and BFD have pretty much been replaced with CSF and BFM, but what about DDoS Deflate and RkHunter?

Should I use DDoS Deflate and Rootkit Hunter still or are those not recommended for use with DirectAdmin v1.55.0?

For reference I'm using CentOS 7 on a VPS.

Hello,

You can still use DDoS Deflate and RkHunter, they can not be replaced in full with CSF/LFD.

If you're using CSF then there is no need for DDos Deflate anymore.

The CSF's CT_LIMIT option does the same.

Lucky we are to have the latest available Rootkit Hunter release 1.4.6 (February 20th 2018) in CentOS repository. There is no need to install it by any other means.

To anyone wanting to secure a DA system - this is the way to go: https://wazuh.com
Not only is it a HIDS and extremely customizable, but it can utilize OpenSCAP to alert about security configuration issues and it will also alert for vulnerabilities that might exist on your servers. Wazuh is a fork off of OSSEC which has been an awesome tool for years and remains current (a key issue of course).

Interesting, I will have to take a look at that. I'm using CentOS on one DA server and Debian on two others.

There used to be a lot of great posts and how-to's on the DA forum about securing DirectAdmin but they're all out of date so I really wanted to know if someone had an updated DirectAdmin Securing Instruction Set or not.

Interesting, I will have to take a look at that. I'm using CentOS on one DA server and Debian on two others.

There used to be a lot of great posts and how-to's on the DA forum about securing DirectAdmin but they're all out of date so I really wanted to know if someone had an updated DirectAdmin Securing Instruction Set or not.

Out of date, scattered, and sometimes unclear. A simple guide, checklist would be helpful.

Back