Invalid login. Please verify your Username and Password

weber

Verified User
when I login , it shows:
Invalid login. Please verify your Username and Password

I deleted some logs then everything worked. A couple of times later, I added space to my VPS(40G -> 80G)

Everything is good for a few months. Now same thing happens, I try empty some space it work. But du show my disk usage is only 52%, 38GB available, what is the problem?

Hello,

What do you have in directadmin logs under

/var/log/directadmin/error.log
/var/log/directadmin/errortaskq.log
/var/log/directadmin/login.log
/var/log/directadmin/security.log
/var/log/directadmin/system.log

related to your logins from your IP?

Hello,
Non of the files you mentioned I can found in the directory structure of DirectAdmin.

There is only a set of files in the directory logs ... those are RAR files and consist alway 2 files:
1) mywebsite.xx.log
2) mywebsite.xx.error.log
Every day there is a new RAR file created with those 2 files in it.

The error.log file is always empty.
The .log file contains (if it is about sex-spam, with i.e. text that contains a '/' character that is in a link) an ip-address that is NOT my ip-address, while the php script (I log the ip address) in that case gives my ip-address (at home).
Further it contains each request of my website (GET PUT HEAD...) with the corresponding filename.

btw: the php script is running elsewhere at a provider.

If anyone fills the form correct (with no '/' in it) the php script accepts the form. I also log ip-address. But in this case the addresses are the same (DirectAdmin-address = php-address).

It is not realy about the character '/'.... The php script will not accept the '/' character as it could be part off a link.
In principle is it a good action that the php scipt not accept the form.

The main question is: why are they "using" my ip-address or why gives the php script my ip-address while I do nothing (devices are from power)

As for wrong IPs you've already have another thread https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=57371 Please do not double-post.

> Non of the files you mentioned I can found in the directory structure of DirectAdmin.

Contact Directadmin support in tickets and provide shell-access to your server, they might provide a free help to investigate the case.

Or I could check your server, and if I do it, I will charge you on hourly basis.

Back