My posts need validation?

No it was my first one yesterday. Right after I made this one and no problem here.

It looks like somebody changed that particular forum right, probably by mistake.

Hmm, to confirm it is working now? The setting appears to currently be correct.
Perhaps it was related to the inode limit the other day, perhaps with sessions not being able to write.

As well, nobody like those questions. I've changed them to reCaptcha, along with akismet which was already on.
We'll monitor to see if spam posts spike or not and make adjustments as needed.

Thanks for the reports.

John

I just did a test and it's working again fine now.

Inode limit? That would be odd, because it was only on that subforum, not on the rest of the forum otherwise I could not have written the report here at approx. the same time.
I did not get any question or reCaptcha either, only the notice that my reply had to be approved by a moderator.

Things are fine now again it seems. Thank you!

Is there still issues around this?
I tried to post a new topic and it isn't showing up, was well over an hour ago even though the forum said it was posted.

I did not encounter it anymore until now, but maybe there is a part on the forum where it's still active.
In which section did you create your new post? Was that also in the General Technical Discussion section or somewhere else?

All the moderated posts are reviewed manually, and they start to show up as soon as a forum administrator or a moderator approves it.

Yes, that's how that system normallly works.
But since when are forums made moderated, especially for members who already have a decent amount of posts? Like I had over 3000 when this happened, Peter way over 1000 and dwilko had 50 or 51.
Rather seems to me that some rights are accidentilly changed the wrong way.

Only forums administrator can change the pre-moderation rules, so you need to contact them on the matter.

Yes I did and as you can see from post #4 they did not understand either because settings appeared to be correct.

However, I'm not encountering the issue anymore myself since the response from DA.

In the for-what-it-is-worth department, it happened to me twice in the last 24 hours. And it had never happened before. Seems like something is still amiss.

Back