Mail sending but not receiving

roef

Verified User
Hello,

So I configured a mailbox through DirectAdmin on my CentOS7 VPS. And mail is sending out perfectly fine, but I am not receiving anything. However mail from WordPress that is connected to that address (so PHP mail) I do receive.

It is just mail from personal accounts like gmail etc. What is going wrong here?

domain: villabretil.nl

I just used the DNS settings that are shown in DNS administration in the control panel.

My open ports in Firewall:

ports: 80/tcp 443/tcp 993/tcp 465/tcp 143/tcp 22/tcp 20/tcp 2222/tcp 995/tcp 587/tcp 25/tcp 110/tcp 4845/tcp

Somebody any idea or can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hi.

It's caused by the fact that you're using the spamrelay.
Code:
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: 530 Relaying not allowed

You could either disable spamrelay and enable it again, or if this does not help, then contact your hosting provider Vimexx.

I believe this requires some extra setting.
If you found it, please post the solution here too.

Just another tip.
Remove the + in front of your phone number on your site, or change it by another icon use change it to +31, because the + is internationally known as 00 replacement in front of the telephone number, so this could work confusing for international customers, in your case for example from Belgium or Germany.

Did you solve it?

Hello,

So I configured a mailbox through DirectAdmin on my CentOS7 VPS. And mail is sending out perfectly fine, but I am not receiving anything. However mail from WordPress that is connected to that address (so PHP mail) I do receive.

It is just mail from personal accounts like gmail etc. What is going wrong here?

domain: villabretil.nl

I just used the DNS settings that are shown in DNS administration in the control panel.

My open ports in Firewall:

ports: 80/tcp 443/tcp 993/tcp 465/tcp 143/tcp 22/tcp 20/tcp 2222/tcp 995/tcp 587/tcp 25/tcp 110/tcp 4845/tcp

Somebody any idea or can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Did you solve this and if so how?
I moved accounts to Vimexx and have a lot of mail bouncing now. Very anoying.

@Gasoline: You might want to start a new thread with your own issue, makes things a bit clearer.
Cause can also be Vimexx, we also need some info the clear things up, so please start a new thread with the issue you're having.

Back