www hosted elsewhere, but subdomain on my vps (directadmin)

allany

Hi all,

I have a question concerning subdomains.

A customer of my company has it's website hosted elsewhere, but he let his new CRM to be developed by me. Now I have my own VPS running DA and I would like to host his new CRM on my webserver which is running DA. I'm in control of the DNS settings of his domain name and now I want to create a subdomain called crm so that he can call crm.{domain_name}.nl to go to his crm package.

How do I do this? I already tried the following:

* Set two A-records, one with a wildcard (*.{actualdomainname}.nl) and a crm.{actualdomainname}.nl;
* Create a user under DA with the concerning domain name
* Added a subdomain to this user

But then, when I go to my browser and type crm.{actualdomainname}.nl, I get redirected to www.{actualdomainname}.nl, which is being hosted on a other webserver not under my control.

The strange this is that when I do a trace route to the crm.{actualdomainname}.nl, it ends showing my webserver's ip address on the last row of the route.

Does anyone know if I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Allan

Hello Allan,

First of all DNS records might be cached in your browser, hence you are connecting to a wrong IP.
Secondly you should really check and make sure your customer's domain is using nameservers from your Directadmin server.

In any way

- domain.nl

should point to an external IP, and

- crm

should point to your server IP in DNS.

If you provide a real domain name we can check it from our side as well.

I see the crm subdomain resolves to IP 136.xxx.xxx.30 fine and a CRM gets opened with a redirect to an "Inloggen" page.

Do you still have an issue with accessing it?

I see the crm subdomain resolves to IP 136.xxx.xxx.30 fine and a CRM gets opened with a redirect to an "Inloggen" page.

Do you still have an issue with accessing it?

Hi zEitEr,

Problem solved! It has something to do with caching of Google Chrome, because when I open the website in a private tab, it is showing me the "Inloggen" page just like you have said. After clearing the cached websites in the browser it redirects correctly to the crm.

Thanks for your help!

Allan

Back