Can I move a domain to another hosting that it is being used as nameservers?

Tommyhara

Verified User
Hello,

I am using this domain https://bantranh.com as nameservers for my hosting server and under it there are some websites running with this nameservers

For examples:
ns1.bantranh.com
ns2.bantranh.com

but not I want to move bantranh.com to a new hosting server but still keep other websites on old server. I am afraid that, if I move, then those websites will not run any more.

How can I do this without any downtimes for websites on old server?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

You can move your site whenever you want, while ns1 and ns2 point to your nameservers IPs.

Hello,

You can move your site whenever you want, while ns1 and ns2 point to your nameservers IPs.

Thanks but bantranh.com is pointing to old IP, when I move it to a new server, it needs to point to a new IP (server IP) which will old sites running under Nameservers of Bantranh will be downed. That's what I am caring.

Last edited:
Until you change (if you change at all) IPs for ns1/ns2 at your domain registrar all requests will for DNS will be sent to the old server.

On the new server if you need it, you will add/change ns1/ns2 to point to the old server.

So, if you move the domain it will change records for all domain's records with an exception of ns1/ns2.

Or do I miss anything?

On the new server if you need it, you will add/change ns1/ns2 to point to the old server.
But can I still keep domain name bantranh.com as nameservers ns1/ns2, just changing IP address for old server? Is it possible to keep nameservers with bantranh.com but changing IP?
There are many domains under ns1/ns2 and I still am finding a best solution to move main site bantranh.com that using as name servers without downtime for others sites using these nameservers.

Back