The request was made without a referer header and will not be immediately followed.

torko

Verified User
DA 1.56 with latest Evolution skin. When i try to download a file from filemanager or a ssh rsa key I got this:

The request was made without a referer header and will not be immediately followed.
If you wish to follow this URL anyway, click the link to continue with the missing header

I was unable to reproduce it. May you create a ticket on this? Does it work with another browser?

This happens on Chrome browser. Ex. I have file named .profile on filemanager, when i click on it or select to Download, the Chrome browser saving as .profile.html and the content of downloaded file is:

The request was made without a referer header and will not be immediately followed.<br>If you wish to follow this URL anyway, <a href='/CMD_FILE_MANAGER?path=%2F%2Eprofile'>click the link to continue with the missing header</a>
<hr><table cellpadding=2 cellspacing=5><tr><th>Name</th><th>Value</th></tr>
<tr><td>Command</td><td>/CMD_FILE_MANAGER</td></tr>
<tr><td>path</td><td>/.profile</td></tr>
</table>

And another example when i viewing a log directly, same on FF and Chrome:

log-error.jpg

This is a long-standing bug in chromium project (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=455987), when download attribute is set referrer will not be sent. We will remove download attribute for editable files and make link open in new window for now. This will help, and functionality will be restored and similar to enhanced one :) Will update you on the status soon.

Did you click "raw" button when viewing some log selected in "Site Summary / Statistics / Logs" ?

the problem is when opening the log link directly on a new page. like copying the log raw link into address bar
This thing not happened before March of 18

OK :)

BTW I updated DA to today pre-release.
the file download in Filemanager, when i click to file or click Download , the file name is correct now but the downloaded content of file is:

The request was made without a referer header and will not be immediately followed.<br>If you wish to follow this URL anyway, <a href='/CMD_FILE_MANAGER?path=%2Ftmp%2Fevolution%2Etar%2Egz'>click the link to continue with the missing header</a>
<hr><table cellpadding=2 cellspacing=5><tr><th>Name</th><th>Value</th></tr>
<tr><td>Command</td><td>/CMD_FILE_MANAGER</td></tr>
<tr><td>path</td><td>/tmp/evolution.tar.gz</td></tr>
</table>

But when i right click and selecting Save as option, the file content is correct.

With today relese of skin any file donwload saving as CMD_FILE_MANAGER

In latest Firefox everything working fine.

Last edited:
I found the solution.
Need add check_referer=0 to directadmin.conf

The check_referer=0 was in directadmin.conf on my S2 server and everything worked fine in FM, so i added this to all servers to da conf file.

Only this not correct: With today relese of skin any file download saving as CMD_FILE_MANAGER.*

Last edited:
Hello I can confirm that I have received the same error message on five different servers. They are different; 1x Centos6, CloudLinux Centos7 based x2, Centos7 x2. Only one of them has a custom skin. They all have in common is that they were updated to DA 1.56. This seems to happen when you were previously visiting a subset of a DA menu, E.g. domain settings of domain X. After you close the browser and navigate back to DA by typing in the start of the url, using the auto complete and press enter they error message will display. When you press continue you will be send to that same submenu for that specific domain even though you had no intention of visiting that url.

I found the solution.
Need add check_referer=0 to directadmin.conf

The check_referer=0 was in directadmin.conf on my S2 server and everything worked fine in FM, so i added this to all servers to da conf file.

Only this not correct: With today relese of skin any file download saving as CMD_FILE_MANAGER.*

check_referer=0 will solve the problem, but there is no security issue?

We also experience this on all our servers running 1.56.4 and with the Enhanced skin. It is very annoying. Could this be fixed? Getting this error like 100 times a day.

We use Firefox, not Chrome :)

Back