CustomB 2.0 MariaDB 10.3.13 update to 10.3.14 is available - fails

Roberto

Verified User
There is an update available in CustomBuild 2.0:

MariaDB 10.3.13 update to 10.3.14 is available

When I execute the update, I get the following error for every database on each DirectAdmin user:

Dumping database directadminUser_xxxxx
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'directadminUser_xxxxx'': Column count of mysql.proc is wrong. Expected 21, found 20. Created with MariaDB 50541, now running 100313. Please use mysql_upgrade to fix this error (1558)

The above error seems to be asking me to upgrade all the databases by using mysql_upgrade. Please, kindly let me know the easiest way to achieve this?

I came across this help page when doing a search, but unsure whether to go ahead and try without advice first, please?

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=699

kind regards

Please try:
Code:
mysql_upgrade --defaults-extra-file=/usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf

Hi smtalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it and got the following error:-

mysql_upgrade --defaults-extra-file=/usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf
mysql_upgrade: unknown variable 'max_allowed_packet=500M'

It seems it was a variable that i added to /etc/my./conf a long time ago for whatever reason.

I will try adding the [mysqld] on the line just above it and see if that helps.

Last edited:
I spoke too soon. When now trying the update again, I'm getting this line repeated over and over again...

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/admin/build_software_command.raw on line 26

Not sure what that is. it eventually says done, but the update is still there in CustomBuild 2.0.

Please help?

Not sure what that is. it eventually says done, but the update is still there in CustomBuild 2.0.

Code:
Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/admin/build_software_command.raw on line 26

Please help?

I posted about this error here for other people that search for this:
https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=57915

Bottom line is wait because the update eventually completes as you noticed, its just the log output.

Back