Thread: Your license OS (CentOS 6) does not match the OS installed (CentOS 7).

Your license OS (CentOS 6) does not match the OS installed (CentOS 7).

Why am I getting this error when I did a clean install of CentOS 7 on 2 servers. One works flawlessly, and one shows this error when I do ./build versions?

Thanks
    Kat

Please change CentOS6 to CentOS7 in the license which is used for the server which is showing this warning That should solve the issue (after getLicense.sh). Thank you!
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

Log into the Directadmin client login, select the license id that is giving you trouble (i.e. if it is license id 99999 then you would select https://www.directadmin.com/clients/....php?lid=99999) and from there select the correct OS from the drop down and save it. Then when the license is downloaded to your server it will be for the correct OS.

1 - I can't - these are grandfathered licenses through my CoLo company and I have tried to "login" before and it does not allow me.
    2 - it does not explain why this only happened on 1 out of 3 servers that were all updated the exact same way :-(

K

If you have root level access to SSH of your server follow the guide:

- Override OS in directadmin.conf - https://help.poralix.com/articles/ov...rectadmin-conf
    - Ability to set DA binary OS in directadmin.conf - https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2075
    Regards, Alex G.

- Get the best commercial DirectAdmin support and hire me on poralix.com
    - Follow and like @Poralix on Facebook

I do have root as these are my servers, i.e. CoLo installed. Thanks. I did that, it still throws the error message, and all the versions are correct for the plugins/utils, so I am not really sure this message means much. I was worried it might cause it to stop working. And yet the value remains CentOS 6 on my 2 other servers, identical in configuration and the ./build versions does NOT throw this error, so go figure...

Thanks for the help - although no one at DirectAdmin has responded with anything that explains this or what it even does. That disappoints me. I may not have licensed this directly, because it was included in my CoLo package years ago, but it should be honored with support of some kind. I promote DA all over the place to people looking for a great Panel, to replace Plesk, cPanel and others, so it is not like I don't love the package. Oh well, it is what it is. :-(

What do you see with?

Code:
    /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep os_override
    It's expected to show os_override=ES%207.0%2064 for CentOS 7. It does not update your license yet.

Then you need to update a license in Directadmin interface at Admin level.
    Regards, Alex G.

- Get the best commercial DirectAdmin support and hire me on poralix.com
    - Follow and like @Poralix on Facebook

That was the trick - the automated update had not occurred. Once I did a manual license update, the error has gone away.
    Thanks
    K

I also met the same problem: Your license OS(CentOS 6) does not match the OS installe

I also met the same problem, and I have tried everything posted above, still FAILED!

Can somebody help?
    I am a new-bie for directadmin

Thank you.

problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by alfredlin View Post
    I also met the same problem, and I have tried everything posted above, still FAILED!

Can somebody help?
    I am a new-bie for directadmin

Thank you.
    Hello, I tried done this: https://help.poralix.com/articles/a-...date?offset=10

And, the problem solved already. I am not really understand why, but it solved! Thanks.