checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for libsodium... found in /usr/local
checking for sodium_add in -lsodium... no
configure: error: wrong libsodium lib version (< 1.0.8) or lib not found

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure file

I already have sodium installed

Code:
# php -i | grep sodium
Configure Command =>  './configure'  '--prefix=/usr/local/php73' '--program-suffix=73' '--enable-fpm' '--with-fpm-systemd' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php73/lib/php.conf.d' '--with-curl' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr/local' '--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-sodium=/usr/local' '--with-xsl' '--with-zlib' '--enable-zip' '--without-libzip' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-soap' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-icu-dir=/usr/local/icu' '--enable-intl'
sodium
sodium support => enabled
libsodium headers version => 1.0.16
libsodium library version => 1.0.17

Please try "./build libsodium", if it does not help, I'd suggest checking php-7.3.4/config.log for more details.

Please try "./build libsodium", if it does not help, I'd suggest checking php-7.3.4/config.log for more details.
I did ./build libsodium without problem but still can't upgrade php
There is a tons of info in the php-7.3.4/config.log :D i don't know looking for what

Code:
configure:77154: checking for sodium support
configure:77190: result: yes
configure:77202: checking for pkg-config
configure:77233: result: /usr/bin/pkg-config
configure:77241: checking for libsodium
configure:77254: result: version 1.0.17 found using pkg-config
configure:77633: checking for sodium_add in -lsodium
configure:77658: cc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -L/usr/local/lib  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/icu/lib -L/usr/local/icu/lib conftest.c -$
/usr/local/icu/lib/libicui18n.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_throw_bad_array_new_length@CXXABI_1.3.8'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:77658: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

You've pasted a correct part of it :) It seems there is a problem with ICU4C. Please try "./build icu". Is the version of ICU latest? What's your OS?

You've pasted a correct part of it :) It seems there is a problem with ICU4C. Please try "./build icu". Is the version of ICU latest? What's your OS?

I've run ./build icu

Code:
cd /usr/local/icu/lib/icu/64.1/..; \
    rm -rf current && ln -s 64.1 current; \
    rm -f Makefile.inc && ln -s current/Makefile.inc Makefile.inc; \
    rm -f pkgdata.inc && ln -s current/pkgdata.inc pkgdata.inc
/bin/sh ./mkinstalldirs /usr/local/icu/share/man/man1
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 config/icu-config.1 /usr/local/icu/share/man/man1
Done ICU.

But still can't upgrade php

Code:
checking for sodium support... yes
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for libsodium... version 1.0.17 found using pkg-config
checking for sodium_add in -lsodium... no
configure: error: wrong libsodium lib version (< 1.0.8) or lib not found

ICU version:

icu.x86_64 50.1.2-17.el7 @base
libicu.x86_64 50.1.2-17.el7 @base

I'd suggest creating a ticket at tickets.directadmin.com with access details. It must be something simple, but it's hard to say what's the root cause at the moment.

I'd suggest creating a ticket at tickets.directadmin.com with access details. It must be something simple, but it's hard to say what's the root cause at the moment.

Ticket created
Ticket #15424

Thank you

can you please let us know how to fix this issue, I'm getting exactly this error during my tries to update php 7.2

Back