Dovecot 2.3.6

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Dovecot 2.3.6 has been released:
https://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-news/2019-April/000408.html

It has 2 CVE security fixes, so it's recommended everyone update to this version.

It's now on files1, other mirrors should get it shortly.

If you're running pigeonhole, don't forget to update it too
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build dovecot
./build pigeonhole
else you'll run into errors like this:
Code:
Restarting Dovecotdoveconf: Error: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_login_settings.so: Module is for different ABI version 2.3.ABIv5(2.3.5) (we have 2.3.ABIv6(2.3.6))doveconf: Error: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_settings.so: Module is for different ABI version 2.3.ABIv5(2.3.5) (we have 2.3.ABIv6(2.3.6))
doveconf: Error: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libpigeonhole_settings.so: Module is for different ABI version 2.3.ABIv5(2.3.5) (we have 2.3.ABIv6(2.3.6))
Pigeonhole is not enabled by default, so if you're not sure, it's probably not on. But if it is, you'll know pretty quick after the dovecot compile ;)

John

Actually, it does build pigeonhole automatically with build dovecot if you got it enabled - well, for me anyway.

We have seen issues on multiple servers were Dovecot didn't want to start anymore after updating. Error:

auth: Error: dovecot/auth: error while loading shared libraries: libsodium.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Upgraded libsodium on these servers which didn't help. After doing a "ldconfig" Dovecot was willing to start again.

Edit: only a "ldconfig" is enough. Can this be added to custombuild to prevent issues in the future?

Last edited:
ldconfig was already there before the dovecot restart.
I've changed it to be /sbin/ldconfig, on the off chance /sbin is simply not in $PATH, and moved it up before the "systemctl daemon-reload" call, in case that has anything to do with it.
Beyond that, it might be unrelated.. perhaps libsodium rpm was updated after the dovecot compile and ldconfig wasn't run? Not sure.. just a guess.

Pigeonhole: I found my test box had pigeonhole=no in the options.conf, but the old install of pigeonhole was still present.
Will check that to remove those pigeonhole libraries if it's disabled.

John

Back