How-to: cPanel to DA migration

Would it be possible for cpanel_to_da.sh to log and/or notify the admin if items like Postgres dbs or Mailman lists (etc.) are detected within an account's backups during conversion?

These items obviously won't restore, but it would be nice to have log output like
Code:
Jul 16 16:01:57 PostgreSQL database detected in 'cpmove-testacct/psql/testacct_psqltest.tar' - this item will not be restored
that can be easily parsed.

Would it be possible for cpanel_to_da.sh to log and/or notify the admin if items like Postgres dbs or Mailman lists (etc.) are detected within an account's backups during conversion?

These items obviously won't restore, but it would be nice to have log output like
Code:
Jul 16 16:01:57 PostgreSQL database detected in 'cpmove-testacct/psql/testacct_psqltest.tar' - this item will not be restored
that can be easily parsed.

Added to 0.0.17, please note that version is not tested much (if any issues - just let us know :)) and would be automatically downgraded after CustomBuild updates (if you apply them):
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh https://custombuild.eu/cpanel/cpanel_to_da.sh.0.0.17

Changelog for 0.0.17:
Code:
* Show a warning if any PostgreSQL databases or Mailman mailing lists detected in backup
* If domainalias.com has a conflicting email account - create it as a normal domain, point its docroot to the domain it was aliased to
* Transfer 'suspended' status

Some short explanation about the 2nd (major) change and DA:
It's a an architectural design choice. Domain pointer/alias has everything what the main domain has (meaning you can use @domain.com and @domainalias.com interchangeably), if separate things are needed, like separate public_html folders or email accounts - that 2nd domain needs to be added as a 'domain' to the account.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Last edited:
How can i migrate from cpanel to directadmin WITHOUT having root access in cpanel server? i have only reseller access there.

How can i migrate from cpanel to directadmin WITHOUT having root access in cpanel server? i have only reseller access there.

I would think you could as long as you can get full user backups of the users you support. There is a post about renaming just the USER cpanel backups and converting them. I never was a reseller so I don't know for sure. Also I don't know the agreement you have with the Host. Some put in the agreement "Your customers" are "their customers". Technically speaking it's doable I believe. I am sure smtalk knows for sure.

Dkim

I have restored cPanel backup successfully. But I did not see DKIM in the DNS Zone.

Do I have to generate DKIM manually?

Thank you.

Added to 0.0.17, please note that version is not tested much (if any issues - just let us know :)) and would be automatically downgraded after CustomBuild updates (if you apply them):
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh https://custombuild.eu/cpanel/cpanel_to_da.sh.0.0.17

Changelog for 0.0.17:
Code:
* Show a warning if any PostgreSQL databases detected in backup
* If domainalias.com has any email accounts - create it as a normal domain, point its docroot to the domain it was aliased to.

Thank you very much for the change (and being so receptive)! So far, it has worked very well, and it's very helpful.

Would it be possible to do the same for Mailman lists (or at least note that a configuration file was detected)? A Mailman list with the name of 'mmtest' (under the account 'accountname' with it's main domain 'site-name.com') would have a structure in a cpmove file like this:
Code:
cpmove-accountname/mm/
cpmove-accountname/mm/mmtest_site-name.com/
cpmove-accountname/mm/mmtest_site-name.com/config.pck
cpmove-accountname/mm/mmtest_site-name.com/config.pck.last
cpmove-accountname/mm/mmtest_site-name.com/request.pck
cpmove-accountname/mma/
cpmove-accountname/mma/priv/
cpmove-accountname/mma/priv/mmtest_site-name.com.mbox/
cpmove-accountname/mma/priv/mmtest_site-name.com/
cpmove-accountname/mma/priv/mmtest_site-name.com/index.html
cpmove-accountname/mma/pub/

'/mm/' and '/mma/' do exist in in cpmove backups whether or not the account has any mailing lists.

Thank you again!

Done, same URL :) Thank you!

Code:

cPanel to DA migration

Sir i try to mogration indivudal Account shown error cpanel server

Cannot open: Not a directory

Thanks

0.0.18 has been officially released:
Code:
* Major speed improvement for restoration of backups with a lot of email data inside

How to get it working on restoring the backup that contains subdomain outside the public_html ?
currently I have to add custom token manually.

If we have hundred or thousand subdomain will be a nightmare

Bm68NB

I did not see this was mentioned in this thread, but...

Does it migrate cpanel hosting packages also or i have to create/assign them manually after migration?

I am asking this because i don't see that it migrated any plans from CP. :/

btw.. please admin fix the unreadable captcha.

Thanks.

I requested validation weeks ago because of the CAPTCHAs.... and I'm still typing them in, failing, random posts being held for moderation. I don't know if this experience is to get us to open more tickets or what. :D

I requested validation weeks ago because of the CAPTCHAs.... and I'm still typing them in, failing, random posts being held for moderation. I don't know if this experience is to get us to open more tickets or what. :D

I feel like it's not that important because admin level don't maybe see the captcha at all, and we are like flies.

How to get it working on restoring the backup that contains subdomain outside the public_html ?
currently I have to add custom token manually.

If we have hundred or thousand subdomain will be a nightmare

May you send me cpmove file to test? I could include a fix in 0.0.19.

I did not see this was mentioned in this thread, but...

Does it migrate cpanel hosting packages also or i have to create/assign them manually after migration?

I am asking this because i don't see that it migrated any plans from CP. :/

Thanks.

Yes, it should move the packages. Make sure you restore reseller first, otherwise users would get assigned to “admin”.

Yes, it should move the packages. Make sure you restore reseller first, otherwise users would get assigned to “admin”.

Thanks! I case i would i would like to remove all users/accounts from DA and start migration again. If i remove the accounts from DA, are there any leftovers or do i need to clean it somehow before i start again?

Back