Pricing changes/updates as of July 1, 2019 (No, we aren't raising our prices)

do you think to have a quick survey or polling for Lite license ?
Example:
lite license comes with 50 sites, unlimited subdomain, unlimited email account, etc ...
lite license comes with 30 sites, unlimited subdomain, unlimited email account, etc ...
It’s not going to be that heavy. Think more like 1 or 2. Really cheap too.

It’s not going to be that heavy. Think more like 1 or 2. Really cheap too.

A lite license needs to be able to handle a power personal user.

5 Users and 10 Full Domains

If it is 1 or 2 then it is really just a paid testing account. DA is to much work to maintain for 1 site, they might as well be on shared hosting.

Kevin

JFOC said:
lite license comes with 30 sites, unlimited subdomain, unlimited email account, etc ...

I think you might read it a litter better:
DirectAdmin Sales said:
Lite is going to be a very personal license, meant for a single person. Personal/hobby user. Someone who wants a control panel for a few sites or projects, maybe hosting a site for a friend, etc.
So you better expect a lite license with something like 5 or 6 users with 1 domain each. Which is very fair anyway for a cheap price.
5 users with 10 full domains means 50 domains which could work license misuse in hand. So I doubt if they will go with something like that.

Lite licenses are not ment for power personal users but for hobby users. I am also curious though on what the Lite license will look like and which limits there will be.
It's already very nice that DA is prepared to create something like this for hobby users, there is not a single commercial panel which does this.

hi , for existing accounts , it's possible to buy 20 license before 1st September ?

Cheap around $5-$7/month may be
Uh with Support and update then?

Lite ( i think) should while also Hobby and co, not have heavy 1:1 support, but a kind of special "PLUS forum" support.

That works, if Documentation and howtos / manuals, so also a kind of AI are real up to date.
With a kind of lets say (what i need sometimes ;) ) "Directadmin for Dummies"

So short really cheap lite license, is only going to work if not a heavy "leaning" on DA support.

Don't know: (experienced users who are helping out here then in "PLUS Support forum" ( or howto, manuals, docu , moderator, translate) are really helping out they could get some kind of reward. (no "money" , example but if they doing also payed support maybe a personal page with some marketing for them on that forum, with reviews...) ??

Last edited:
Come with update is great, but forum support is enough

Uh with Support and update then?

Lite ( i think) should while also Hobby and co, not have heavy 1:1 support, but a kind of special "PLUS forum" support.

That works, if Documentation and howtos / manuals, so also a kind of AI are real up to date.
With a kind of lets say (what i need sometimes ;) ) "Directadmin for Dummies"

So short really cheap lite license, is only going to work if not a heavy "leaning" on DA support.

Don't know: (experienced users who are helping out here then in "PLUS Support forum" ( or howto, manuals, docu , moderator, translate) are really helping out they could get some kind of reward. (no "money" , example but if they doing also payed support maybe a personal page with some marketing for them on that forum, with reviews...) ??

Come with update is great, but forum support is enough

No not always.

Or ticket system for payed support if needed.

Sometimes yes or no BUG ( update/upgrade error and so on) then live support is needed, only forum isn't enough. ( with dead DA or services on an BOX)

I truly support this price increase! This will only make the panel stronger and these are realistic pricing too!

And realistic, not like my small ISP of 2 cpanel license going from $159 a year to $540 year. Total BS. So I'm registered here and plan to look for alternative like probably 100s of others in my boat.

The power of Money!

I hope the LITE option also has a kind of update possibilty, or a kindly rabate to full license. ( if per Month after a x Months..) ?

DA support said the Lite price would be so low that it would only be a yearly fee. Including updates if I understand correctly but only forum support.

What is there for little user?

Hi,

Until now I’m paying $13 for a vps cpanel license, I have six own domains and with the new prices I Will have to pay $30.

I thinking about change to DA but, what is the license that cover my needs? Yes, I know the unlimited but I only need for example until 10 domains, I don’t see options for my type of client and by the comments the lite option looks will be too much lite.

I think the lite options must cover the minimun to medium client, perhaps with a number between 5-10 domains and a extra cost for more domains.

Sorry for my english.

Regards

The lite license is not ment for commercial use but for personal hobby use, but nobody knows exactly what it will be. But it will probably not be expandable with extra domains for a certain cost.

Problem is that you have to take what is present, with most panels. So in this case the yearly DA license will be most fitting probably. It's $200 a year, so calculated per month it's just under $17 a month. This is a full license with unlimited domains.

Hello everyone!

The only exception is our $299 lifetime license. It is still being offered with a "never expire" promise, support/updates for 1 year, and you can (optionally) add another year at any time for $99.

Let's discuss! :cool:

Hello - I am new here and came over from cPanel after the price fiasco over there.....

I am rather concerned about what's going on over here too..... I saw the discussion here and when I started the trial - I had intended to purchase the "$299 lifetime license...with a "never expire" promise, support/updates for 1 year, and ... another year at...$99."

But where do I get this license from ? The pricing page shows only the monthly fees now. Although the lower "starter" package pricing looks good - it's not what I was planning on as I have need for more accounts....

It feels like Direct Admin have simply copied what cpanel has done - and introduced account based fees - with no more lifetime license.... I guess it's time to keep looking..... or ?

I am confused - unless I am mistaken - in which case, please correct me! :confused:

Yall did both wow.. Personal and Lite. Personal at $24 a year seems really great for people just learning.

Uh
https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58091
New Accounts

Sorry, our traditional lifetime licenses are no longer available. This applies to datacenter (internal) licenses as well.

The only exception is our $299 lifetime license. It is still being offered with a "never expire" promise, support/updates for 1 year, and you can (optionally) add another year at any time for $99

It sounds like your suggestion is pretty much what we announced. That's great! We did leave the $299 lifetime there, with the option of $99 upgrade/support but it's completely optional. If you decided never to pay anything more, the license would still keep working forever. It's not $299 + required $99 + $99 + $99 etc. It's just the $299 everybody is used to and if you want to add more upgrades/support, it's possible but there is nothing forcing you to do it.

I don't see this one???
Here
https://directadmin.com/pricing.php

Also this could be false to understand while with:
Personal
single account up to 10 domains

and the lite:
up to 10 accounts and the ability to manage up to 50 domains

So because of the and i read/ understand maximum 10 account X 50 domains is total max 500 domains?

Last edited:
Back