Unable to login to admin panel | Fresh DA Installation

rumesh

Verified User
I just completed the first DA installation and having trouble getting into the panel.

Following output remind me that I haven't disabled the IPv6 before start installing DA.

[root@server ~]# netstat -pantu | grep 2222
tcp6 0 0 :::2222 :::* LISTEN 6262/directadmin

Assuming this would be kind of common issue, posting here.

Any advise would help for Newbies coming from Xpanel :)

Following output remind me that I haven't disabled the IPv6 before start installing DA.
IPv6 is not an issue. We also have servers with both ipv6 and ipv4 enabled before installation of DA and no issues, so it might be caused by a firewall or something else.

I just completed the first DA installation and having trouble getting into the panel.

[root@server ~]# netstat -pantu | grep 2222
tcp6 0 0 :::2222 :::* LISTEN 6262/directadmin

Assuming this would be kind of common issue, posting here.

Any advise would help for Newbies coming from Xpanel :)

Centos which I installed yesterday (first install for me) was with 2222 port closed

you can open it

Code:
 firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=2222/tcp --permanent
Code:
 firewall-cmd --reload

/ stop firewall - not advisable

advice I consider best Newbies install CSF using install.directadmin.sh instead ot isntall.sh it will open all ports needed and when you stop testing in config and use protection_medium profile

Centos which I installed yesterday (first install for me) was with 2222 port closed

you can open it

Code:
 firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=2222/tcp --permanent
Code:
 firewall-cmd --reload

/ stop firewall - not advisable

advice I consider best Newbies install CSF using install.directadmin.sh instead ot isntall.sh it will open all ports needed and when you stop testing in config and use protection_medium profile

hi
i have the same issue, i get this while implementing this:

[root@inferno ~]# firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=2222/tcp --permanent
-bash: firewall-cmd: command not found
[root@inferno ~]# firewall-cmd --reload
-bash: firewall-cmd: command not found

I have even installed csf but it's still not working
Did you use the ./install-directadmin.sh from the CSF installation? Or just install.sh that makes a big difference.

Best is to just disable the OS firewall rules after installation. Then install DA and then install CSF/LFD via the ./install-directadmin.sh script and all is just fine.

Did you use the ./install-directadmin.sh from the CSF installation? Or just install.sh that makes a big difference.

Best is to just disable the OS firewall rules after installation. Then install DA and then install CSF/LFD via the ./install-directadmin.sh script and all is just fine.

OS firewall is disabled i guess

[root@inferno csf]# sudo firewall-cmd --state
not running

it's still having the same issue, i'm not able to login here is what i get

http://prntscr.com/obqbgs

i have also disabled csf which i installed following this https://download.configserver.com/csf/install.txt

The link you point to for installing CSF is correct, but that link does not mention to use the ./install-directadmin.sh which is present by default. You should use that link but replace ./install.sh by the ./install-directadmin.sh command.

Which Linux Distro do you have? In Centos you can check via SSH:
Code:
iptables -L
which should give all (input, output and another one) ACCEPTED then it's good.

Another way to test if post 2222 is open is by using:
Code:
netstat -an | grep 2222
it should give the response:
Code:
tcp        0      0 :::2222                     :::*                        LISTEN
or try telnetting localhost to port 2222.

If this is all oke it is a firewall issue. If it's not on your side then it might also be a hardware router or something at the datacenter.

The link you point to for installing CSF is correct, but that link does not mention to use the ./install-directadmin.sh which is present by default. You should use that link but replace ./install.sh by the ./install-directadmin.sh command.

Which Linux Distro do you have? In Centos you can check via SSH:
Code:
iptables -L
which should give all (input, output and another one) ACCEPTED then it's good.

Another way to test if post 2222 is open is by using:
Code:
netstat -an | grep 2222
it should give the response:
Code:
tcp        0      0 :::2222                     :::*                        LISTEN
or try telnetting localhost to port 2222.

If this is all oke it is a firewall issue. If it's not on your side then it might also be a hardware router or something at the datacenter.

I'm using Centos 7.

Here is what i get:

[root@inferno csf]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

[root@inferno csf]# netstat -an | grep 2222
tcp6 0 0 :::2222 :::* LISTEN

I don't understand why it's not working for me, if i don't have any firewall in any level.

tcp6 0 0 :::2222 :::* LISTEN
You're only using ipv6?

If that is the case, check:
ip6tables -L
if you have the same "accept" output.

Can you telnet to port 2222?

If yes, maybe it's a skin issue? Have a look at /usr/local/directadmon/confs/directadmin.conf and check the lines:
demodoscroot and docsroot. Try using the enhanced skin like putting them like this:
Code:
demodocsroot=./data/skins/enhanced
docsroot=./data/skins/enhanced
then restart the directadmin service and check again.

You're only using ipv6?

If that is the case, check:
ip6tables -L
if you have the same "accept" output.

Can you telnet to port 2222?

If yes, maybe it's a skin issue? Have a look at /usr/local/directadmon/confs/directadmin.conf and check the lines:
demodoscroot and docsroot. Try using the enhanced skin like putting them like this:
Code:
demodocsroot=./data/skins/enhanced
docsroot=./data/skins/enhanced
then restart the directadmin service and check again.

No i have ipv4 as well.

I gave more tips.
1.) Does telnet to port 2222 work?
2.) Did ip6tables -L give the same output?
3.) Did you try other skin?
4.) Did you check the link from Zeiter for local issues on your pc, like firewall/virusscanner and other tips in there?

and if you want 5.) you can also give me some test credentials per pm, I can check if it works from here.

It could be blocked at VPS/instance provider level (firewall). Would you mind checking:
Code:
curl http://[B]your_server_ip[/B]:2222

If it responds locally, I'd suggest checking for the things outside the server.

I gave more tips.
1.) Does telnet to port 2222 work?
2.) Did ip6tables -L give the same output?
3.) Did you try other skin?
4.) Did you check the link from Zeiter for local issues on your pc, like firewall/virusscanner and other tips in there?

and if you want 5.) you can also give me some test credentials per pm, I can check if it works from here.

Thank you Richard, it worked.

It was due to BitDefender :(

Now i'm trying to configure things but when i try to upload files using ftp, i get:

Error: Server sent unsorted certificate chain in violation of the TLS specifications

any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Check these if it's correctly done:
1.) https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=648
2.) https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=629
3.) Go to the user account, enable SSL and choose for a wildcard certificate for the domain. Or select everything you want, including FTP.
Also portrange 35000:35999 should be enabled in CSF (when not already automatically done by the ./install-directadmin.sh from CSF) incoming and outgoing for ipv4 and ipv6 if you're using both.

I use a TLS v1.2 connection with FlashFXP and that's working perfectly

If the error still remains after correctly creating the certificates (can take a few minuts) then check this thread:
http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=57161

Back