Source compile routines recorded completion times ?

eva2000

Verified User
With DirectAdmin's source compiled routines and CustomBuild, are there any recording of the time the compilation takes to run natively accessible in generated DirectAdmin log files ?

For example when building ImagicK
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set imagick yes
./build imagick
is the any native logging of the total time the build took to complete that I can inspect?

Or should be just doing ?
Code:
./build update
./build set imagick yes
time ./build imagick

Looking to benchmark before versus after compilation optimisations I plan to configure for DirectAdmin usage as there's definite rooms for improving compilation speed in DirectAdmin :)

With DirectAdmin's source compiled routines and CustomBuild, are there any recording of the time the compilation takes to run natively accessible in generated DirectAdmin log files ?

For example when building ImagicK
Code:
./build update
./build set imagick yes
./build imagick
is the any native logging of the total time the build took to complete that I can inspect?

Or should be just doing ?
Code:
./build update
./build set imagick yes
time ./build imagick

Looking to benchmark before versus after compilation optimisations I plan to configure for DirectAdmin usage as there's definite rooms for improving compilation speed in DirectAdmin :)

I am sure smtalk could answer better since he wrote Custom Build and the Plugin as well. In general with this being a Commercial solution and not opensource. I doubt many of us are privy to that kind of info. With it using source compiled Applications I am sure you could employ normal methods. Outside of that if you have a real license you can log a Service request to the DA helpdesk.

Yeah probably I just write a wrapper script to benchmark/call DirectAdmin source compile build options and add the timing and cpu/memory/disk resource tracking to the wrapper. This way i can compare before vs after optimisation for compile routines in terms of time to compile completion and cpu/mem/disk usage etc.

Back