Thread: Source compile routines recorded completion times ?

Question Source compile routines recorded completion times ?

With DirectAdmin's source compiled routines and CustomBuild, are there any recording of the time the compilation takes to run natively accessible in generated DirectAdmin log files ?

For example when building ImagicK
    Code:
    cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
    ./build update
    ./build set imagick yes
    ./build imagick
    is the any native logging of the total time the build took to complete that I can inspect?

Or should be just doing ?
    Code:
    ./build update
    ./build set imagick yes
    time ./build imagick
    Looking to benchmark before versus after compilation optimisations I plan to configure for DirectAdmin usage as there's definite rooms for improving compilation speed in DirectAdmin

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    With DirectAdmin's source compiled routines and CustomBuild, are there any recording of the time the compilation takes to run natively accessible in generated DirectAdmin log files ?

For example when building ImagicK
    Code:
    ./build update
    ./build set imagick yes
    ./build imagick
    is the any native logging of the total time the build took to complete that I can inspect?

Or should be just doing ?
    Code:
    ./build update
    ./build set imagick yes
    time ./build imagick
    Looking to benchmark before versus after compilation optimisations I plan to configure for DirectAdmin usage as there's definite rooms for improving compilation speed in DirectAdmin
    I am sure smtalk could answer better since he wrote Custom Build and the Plugin as well. In general with this being a Commercial solution and not opensource. I doubt many of us are privy to that kind of info. With it using source compiled Applications I am sure you could employ normal methods. Outside of that if you have a real license you can log a Service request to the DA helpdesk.
    Thanks,
    Brent Dacus
    Just a regular guy from Tennessee

CentOS 7 | DA | CB 2.0 | MariaDB 10.4 | PHP 7.2

help me...it's HERE or Type "your issue your os directadmin" in google

Yeah probably I just write a wrapper script to benchmark/call DirectAdmin source compile build options and add the timing and cpu/memory/disk resource tracking to the wrapper. This way i can compare before vs after optimisation for compile routines in terms of time to compile completion and cpu/mem/disk usage etc.

Did my first test for DirectAdmin compiler speed optimisation with example benchmarks with ccache compiler caching. DirectAdmin Apache recompile had 20-30% faster compile times even on single 1 cpu core VPS server https://servermanager.guide/162/how-...ntos-7/#step14