Multi Server Setup domain administration

Freddy

Verified User
I want to setup a second DirectAdmin server but the client does not like to login on 2 different servers to administer his domains. I have no experience with the Multi Server Setup so my question is: after the server are "linked" together, can I login to server A to create an account/domain on server B? I have read that linked servers share DNS records, but do they also share their domain administration?

If not, what are the pro's of using Mulyi Server Setup besides having distributed DNS records?

I only know that multi server only sync DNS, not for the website files.

I do not want to sync files between servers. I want to remotely control the DirectAdmin server from within the controlpanel of another (linked) DirectAdmin server so that I can add users and domains.

I want to setup a second DirectAdmin server but the client does not like to login on 2 different servers to administer his domains. I have no experience with the Multi Server Setup so my question is: after the server are "linked" together, can I login to server A to create an account/domain on server B? I have read that linked servers share DNS records, but do they also share their domain administration?

If not, what are the pro's of using Mulyi Server Setup besides having distributed DNS records?
Check the help link in my signature. Search for Multiserver. Also the help section can Help with lots of other questions.

The results are:

- What options do I have for setting up an external dns server?
- I want a redundant backup server

Both results do not answer my question.

I think my question is a little bit unclear. See the screenshot below. This is the "Add New User" form.
Is it possible to login on server A to create a new user on server B when they are connected by the mutli server setup?

How-to-create-a-new-user-in-Direct-Admin-Reseller-Account8.png

Your adding users on the server you are logged in to. The IP section you are showing are the IP address’ added to that one server. The servers aren’t clustered. There isn’t server clustering.

As far as that goes. The documentation is fairly incomplete. So there might be a hidden feature. Without logging a service request to be sure. You can’t do what you asked.

You could ad DirectAdmin Extended to your Billing system so you customer controls everything from there
https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/directadmin-extended

https://www.modulesgarden.com/produ...ed/3.1.2/directadmin_extended_for_whmcs_1.png

Also if you run on hostbill they had that feature build in

Back