"Traditional" subtheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA 1.59 RC1 should solve the auto-reload issue :) Just follow pre-release installation instructions to get it updated.

In admin > Skin > I set Icon Grid and Traditional Layout for all the users and set as global but it doesn't make any different. Some users see different skin and some different.

I wish to set everybody to Evolution > Icon Grid > Traditional Grid Theme but I am not able to do this for every reseller and user. Any ideas from team please?

Shocking changes by DirectAdmin within months. I was looking for similar theme.

If possible then please add option for color changing from Blue to Black or Light Dark. Or option to install theme with some colors like dark theme, orange theme, etc.

Last edited:
In admin > Skin > I set Icon Grid and Traditional Layout for all the users and set as global but it doesn't make any different. Some users see different skin and some different.

I wish to set everybody to Evolution > Icon Grid > Traditional Grid Theme but I am not able to do this for every reseller and user. Any ideas from team please?

I have same issue

I think I have found the solution.

edit /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/reseller​/user.conf - replace reseller with actual reseller username
and change creator=admin

This fixes the issue.

Credits - our fav - smtalk :)

If possible then please add option for color changing from Blue to Black or Light Dark. Or option to install theme with some colors like dark theme, orange theme, etc.

This can be done at the reseller level with the skin customization option.

I think I have found the solution.

edit /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/reseller​/user.conf - replace reseller with actual reseller username
and change creator=admin

This fixes the issue.

Credits - our fav - smtalk :)

Thanks its work, Fix issue

Colors, logos, menu items etc. can be customized in "Customize Evolution Skin" under reseller level :)

Wow, So easy.

Any way to apply this theme and skin on each user by command?

Applying skin to all the user is easy too with DA ;)
Login to DA as admin > Search Skins the the to search bar > Select the required Skin and set the same as Global + apply to all users.

Screenshot - oME6mie.png

Really nice! The only problem which I have is that my logo is white, I uploaded it (first box) and see only a white box, if I upload it to the 22nd box "Sidebar Layout Settings" I see my white logo with the background color. DA still shows the DA logo.

How can I adjust the CSS? I must be sure that it will not be overwritten on updates, I've to change .app-header and .header-logo

I'm on 1.582

Last edited:
I've found out how to adjust all the stuff which I wanted to change, by editing the file /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/assets/app.js

Nice.

I had the same problem with cpanel, just copied the paper_lantern theme and adapted it to my needs, the problem is that I have to apply all my changes to every new version, this takes 3 days for every version to update my "own skin" to the new version.

I would like to prevent this with the change on DA in any case. Now the question is, how can I apply my changes in evolution? Is there a way to tell DA that after all the data is loaded, it should now load another file which replaces certain content (css and others)?

Thanks

I've found out how to adjust all the stuff which I wanted to change, by editing the file /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/assets/app.js

Nice.

I had the same problem with cpanel, just copied the paper_lantern theme and adapted it to my needs, the problem is that I have to apply all my changes to every new version, this takes 3 days for every version to update my "own skin" to the new version.

I would like to prevent this with the change on DA in any case. Now the question is, how can I apply my changes in evolution? Is there a way to tell DA that after all the data is loaded, it should now load another file which replaces certain content (css and others)?

Thanks

This thread is about subtheming ability in Evolution, which was created exactly for customizations. Please see the first post on how-to :)

How can I avoid changes in Evolution theme and this subtheme by DirectAdmin update?

How can I avoid changes in Evolution theme and this subtheme by DirectAdmin update?

Changes done in "Customize Evolution Skin" are not overridden with updates. Subtheme is not overridden unless you re-download the files manually again :)

Disregard . Cleared my browser cache all is well..

Ok if I upload the latest files in first post.
login as admin
hit reset all
then go to reseller
choose
Icon Grid
and
Traditional
Looks good

Then go to Customize Evo skin > misc
Change logos
They dont show.

Unless I go back to Theme and remove Traditional.

Last edited:
How do I get the Traditional Theme on a brand new install of DirectAdmin?

Install Traditional Subtheme

mkdir -p /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution/themes
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution/themes
wget -O traditional.tar.gz https://demo.directadmin.com/download/traditional.tar.gz
tar xzf traditional.tar.gz
chown -R diradmin:diradmin /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back