Thread: LetsEncrypt Server Certificate changes domain certificate

LetsEncrypt Server Certificate changes domain certificate

Hello, i had purchased certificate for server that expired. So i followed this kb to install Server Certificate LetsEncrypt

What happened is it also changed ssl certificate for my main domain which had EVSS certificate.

So my setup is i have server.mydomain.com as my server name, and one of my re-seller account just have one domain mydomain.com this certificate was changed
    and in the domain certificate install page it was showing that LetsEncrypt is set to auto renew.

In my directadmin.con file i was pointing to mydomain.com certificate which i forgot to remove before running LetsEncrypt script. Is it possible it happened because of that. Just want to make sure thats the reason before i try again.

cacert=/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/matrixor/domains/mydomain.com.cert
    cakey=/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/matrixor/domains/mydomain.com.key
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssgill View Post
    Hello, i had purchased certificate for server that expired. So i followed this kb to install Server Certificate LetsEncrypt

What happened is it also changed ssl certificate for my main domain which had EVSS certificate.

So my setup is i have server.mydomain.com as my server name, and one of my re-seller account just have one domain mydomain.com this certificate was changed
    and in the domain certificate install page it was showing that LetsEncrypt is set to auto renew.

In my directadmin.con file i was pointing to mydomain.com certificate which i forgot to remove before running LetsEncrypt script. Is it possible it happened because of that. Just want to make sure thats the reason before i try again.

Thanks

Just an update, i removed certificate lines from directadmin.conf and then followed instructions for installing letsencrypt server certificate and all worked out fine.
    Maybe add a reminder in KB https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=629 if anyone else is moving from purchased certificate to LetsEncrypt .