whmcs config issues

Jade

Verified User
Howdy all,

Have any of you seen an issue where whmcs is not able to pull a list of created packages for a reseller account?
The drop down Package Name is blank under Setup > Products/Services > Module Settings after selecting module Direct Admin

Connection the server succeeds when I add the server and test the credentials using the key generated under the resellers account.

Pressing refresh on drop down Package Name is blank under Setup > Products/Services > Module Settings after selecting module Direct Admin button lands up getting my ip blocked.

I've managed to track down the underlying issue which only affects reseller accounts, just not sure where to start looking.

The logs show that the user is failing authentication when attempting to get a list of packages, no matter how many times I copy and paste the key.

Same happens with whmcs directadmin module and modules garden directadmin extended module.

Any suggestions that I could try whilst I wait for a response from DA support?

I don't understand why this would be something for DA support. The WHMCS module for DirectAdmin is encrypted an developed by WHMCS, so I would believe it is needed to contact WHMCS about this.

I don't understand why this would be something for DA support. The WHMCS module for DirectAdmin is encrypted an developed by WHMCS, so I would believe it is needed to contact WHMCS about this.

I thought the same, but the fact that two modules developed by different companies suffer from the same issue point to DirectAdmin

It could also only be that some functionality changed in newer versions of DirectAdmin wich would then require WHMCS and Modules garden to change their modules correspondingly, but that they failed to do that because nobody has sent them a ticket abouit it yet.

It could also only be that some functionality changed in newer versions of DirectAdmin wich would then require WHMCS and Modules garden to change their modules correspondingly, but that they failed to do that because nobody has sent them a ticket abouit it yet.

I've sent modules garden a ticket about this and provided them with a step by step guide on how to duplicate the issue, hence my initial question "Have any of you seen an issue"

Did you select that plan that you offer is reseller hosting on the first page of Products/Services

Edit Product > Details > Product Type before you are selecting the module and price

Did you select that plan that you offer is reseller hosting on the first page of Products/Services

Edit Product > Details > Product Type before you are selecting the module and price
I did Daniel,

I have managed to track it down to a username / key issue.

What is strange is that the setup of the server within whmcs passed validation whilst using the incorrect credentials - I'll update my ticket with them and advise them of the bug.

Any news about this issue?

I just experienced a related issue... which maybe is not a real issue, and maybe has also a walkaroud.

If you want to setup SHARED HOSTING PACKAGES:
- you need to configure in WHMCS a DA server using a reseller-level credentials
- add this server to a group (i.e. DASHARED )
- configure your WHMCS packages referring to this group

Doing so, everything works fine: you can create, suspend, delete services... no issue.

But you can't create new RESELLERs in DA, because WHMCS log-in with reseller-level credentials... and a reseller cannot create another reseller.

A workaround, on which I'm working:
- create in WHMCS a new DA server, using admin-level credentials, and name it differently (even iff it's the very same server as above). I.e., name it DARESELLER1
- create a server group (DARESELLER) and assign DARESELLER1 to this goup
- create in WHMCS your reseller package, and refer it to this DARESELLER group
It works fine (and recover the resellers packages defined on DA server), but for the creation of the new reseller service on DS... :-(

The API command submitted to the server is:
http : // 99.99.99.99:222/CMD_ACCOUNT_RESELLER?action=create&add=Submit&username=reseller&email=name%40mydomain.com&passwd=q%mypassword%2B&passwd2=q%mypassword2%2B&domain=testresellerda.it&package=emailonly&ip=shared&notify=no&

And the answer got is:

Array
(
[<!doctype html>
<html class] => "vue-app">
<head>
<meta http-equiv
)

The important part is to make sure that if you are setting up whmcs as a reseller, that you use the API key that is created.

If you host your own server and want to see both reseller packages and end user packages then you would need to create two servers in whmcs, each uses separate accounts as per below

server setup in whmcs 1 with admin / root details for provisioning of reseller accounts
server setup in whmcs 2 with reseller credentials for provisioning of end user packages below an existing reseller account that you have created.

have a look at this for reference purposes

https://client.absolutehosting.co.z...r-and-configure-WHMCS-DirectAdmin-Module.html

Back