What happens to addon domains when migrating from cpanel?

psalm91

Verified User
Basically

In cpanel addon domains files are in public_html of main domain

so public_html / addondomainUSER

but not in directadmin?

Does that mean direct admin is safer for addon domains?

Because I understand that in cpanel if an addon domain is hacked the hacker has access to other domains too

Not in directadmin?

The hacker would still have access to the other domains because they are still owned by the same user but each domain is separate from the others in the file structure. They are not within a main domain.

The way cpanel does it is silly. You can never delete your main domain.

The hacker would still have access to the other domains because they are still owned by the same user but each domain is separate from the others in the file structure. They are not within a main domain.

The way cpanel does it is silly. You can never delete your main domain.

OK thanks actually I wanted to get rid of the main domain so I can safely delete it now?

referring to the title here...

What EXACTLY does happen to addon domains when migrated from cpanel hosting ??

I have a client account under my reseller hosting with 2 addon domains that cpanel also treated as subdomains & they are not quite working correctly from the new server.

The web pages of the (previously...) addon domains respond correctly, but one of them has another beneath it like so=>
http://org.domain.com/office
Which always brought the visitor to that app before, but now brwsers say that they can't find the server.

Will someone please tell me what I need to correct, or where to find guidance for this (and DA in general) besides this forum, because all I could find is this:
https://www.site-helper.com/subdomains.html
Which is © 2003 and rather useless.

Thanks for any help or pointers !!

I have the exactly Same Problem. Addon Domains so Not Work anmore after Migration from cpanel to da.

In cpanel IT Is also possible to Set the path to /Home/User/somedir/

Please help

Back