LETSENCRYPT HOSTNAME HELP files update?

ikkeben

Verified User
This link about letsencrypt hostname is updated but only for single

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=629

This for multiple is missing some newer text or am i wrong?
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=645

How to have the best working in that combination so hostname server used for mail, ftp,www.

Is only the text not updated in

I want a multi-domain certificate for my hostname/mailserver using LetsEncrypt Last Modified: Dec 21, 2016
For having here also: ??
which will also install the new cert/key/ca files in all respective global places for apache, dovecot, exim, ftp, and DirectAdmin.
NOTE The hostname value, eg: your.hostname.com must match the "servername" value set in the directadmin.conf, or it will not be in hostname mode, but User domain mode instead.

Or is that multi domain help text not install to all global places?;)

Hello,

A certificate issued for a hostname with multiple SANs will be installed into Exim, Dovecot, FTP, DirectAdmin, Webserver by default. If it does not work the way, then I would suggest trying first restarting the services and if it does not change anything, then doing a further investigating and checking certificate files.

Hello,

A certificate issued for a hostname with multiple SANs will be installed into Exim, Dovecot, FTP, DirectAdmin, Webserver by default. If it does not work the way, then I would suggest trying first restarting the services and if it does not change anything, then doing a further investigating and checking certificate files.

OK thanks but i'm trying to say that text isn't in the multiple help files, as it is in the single.

So the help files need some overwork. ;) i guess

This part to have it the same as in single added to text with multiple help files to?
which will also install the new cert/key/ca files in all respective global places for apache, dovecot, exim, ftp, and DirectAdmin.
NOTE The hostname value, eg: your.hostname.com must match the "servername" value set in the directadmin.conf, or it will not be in hostname mode, but User domain mode instead.

Also a howto or something to have www.server.domain.com in that multiple SAN, while rejected by default if you extend with www for the hostname that isn;t maindomain.tld only. ( must be in dns somewhere i guess)
Or that part you don't need at all the www before a subdomain hostname ?

Last edited:
Back