Mail delivery log and trace

lolfust1

Verified User
Hey we would like to see a feature of GUI of mail logs sending via server, in case of an issue like to trace spam source or debug eaiser mailing issue, like cpanel got on whm and in user level

Can you provide a screenshot? Because I don't see a GUI mail log on user level in Cpanel.
There is the "email disk usage" which more or less can also be viewed in Directadmin from the statistics page on user level.
And mail delivery reports I only seen in WHM.

That is done via eximstats, even found a screenshot of it. :)

We got something like it in DA, but not as nice as cPanel has it. You have to go via Admin -> Log Viewer and then selecting Exim Mainlog and use grep.

I've seen this trace emails was already asked (and supported by various people) 5 years ago:

https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=49493

+1 for your request.

Please @Directadmin Support, also have a look at the older thread, already several +1's there for this request.

yeah thats what i meant!
its cool feature that help server admin and also user to indefy problem with the mail sent or recive, and trace spam and malicous activity on mail

+1 for that, i am not always connected on my server and skimming through GUI mail log is pain. Check Rspamd, it has nice gui and so much easier for non technical users to see whats going on.

Hi
i am already working in something similar.
I am thinking to release it as free plugin.
I can have a public version within next week

Hi

Hi,

It would be nice to have this in DA, its very useful

BR
Antonis

the beta version of the addon will be released in next monday. I need 10 beta testers in order to fix the possible bugs.
If you want to became beta tester please write here and send me a pm with this info:
how many servers you have for testing.
The operating system of each server
The version of the exim
The ip of each server

I release the stable version of the plugin as free addon.
Thank you

Hi

Would as well really like to see this as I use that tool alot in cpanel. I been wanting to move away from cpanel and current company that bought it out for me is the straw that broke the camels back.

I registered here infact to get updates on this and would be happy to beta test as well.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

+1 for this. There was mail sending log with delivery details, failed status, etc., in cp.

+1000 for me. The "Track Delivery" tool available in cPanel is a feature I miss more than anything else.

SCENARIO:
- A reseller buys a DA reseller plan, so he has no access to /var/log on the server
- The customers of such reseller, ask the same question over and over again: "Why my vital email wasn't delivered to user X?" or "Why I didn't receive them email X from user Y?".

With cPanel the reseller can use "Track delivery" to see what happened.
With DA the only way to go is asking the admin of the server to have a look in the logs (and he won't be happy at all to waste time on this things).

I don't mind about GUI... could be enough having a log in a directory that is available to resellers (not only to admins).

Kind regards
Rik

The idea is, as Rik said, to have an interface for the end customers like in cpanel, where the end customer can see why the mail from [email protected] has not arrived in his mailbox. This reduces the daily support effort enormously.

Back