Error with system Quotas

realitsolution

Verified User
Error with system Quotas
setquota: Mountpoint (or device) / not found or has no quota enabled.
setquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

when i am trying to modified any account showing this error how i can solve this?

Your screenshot is not relative. Check the links I've provided for full instructions. There you will find instructions on how to check and enable quotes. If it's something that you are not familiar you should contact your server provider for possible assistance, or hire somebody for this job.

Same issue on a VPS from us, seems VPS provider does not allow it:
The /etc/fstab is empty.

Code:
/usr/sbin/repquota /
repquota: Mountpoint (or device) / not found or has no quota enabled.
repquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

/sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -avugm; /sbin/quotaon -a;
quotacheck: Cannot find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.

From the help section of DA (first link Zeiter posted):
*** Note: If you're running a VPS with a "simfs" file system, quotas usually cannot be enabled with normal means. Contact your VPS provider to enable quotas for you.
I don't know if this VPS is on "simfs" but our VPS provider (Strato) did not enable quota's for us.

Maybe you're also having this problem.

The articles suggested by the links list all the required steps for diagnose the issue and possible fixes.

One of them even has a section: Information for a Support Request, which says: If you're completely confused and are going to be contacting some support department about the issue, run these commands and paste them the full output from them.

I don't see any sense to copy-paste the commands here myself. The topic starter will need to go through them and post results here if a further assistance is required.

Back