Going interactive with hosting notifications

As described in the post, would you find this feature useful?

• yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

twhiting9275

Verified User
Greetings,

I'm not sure whether this belongs in this specific forum or not, but I'll let mods decide on that.

One of the things I'm exploring doing with a current mod (for WHMCS) is working with WhatsApp. Since they've enabled a 'business' API and platform, it's possible for customers to message that and get messages back. I've got this already partially integrated into the addon (invoices created, ticket replies, etc) so the customer (and admins) will get notified. That part is easy.

The not so 'easy' part of this is understanding a way to make this more 'creative', more engaging, so that the customer would have the ability to interact as it were. Not looking for 'how to' (that's already covered, too), but more'what', and gauging interest here. I have a few ideas that I'll be implementing in the next few days, but need more input on basic ideas. So far, I've come up with one line command (ideas) :

invoices - open invoices
tickets - tickets awaiting your response
domains - domains needing renewal (maybe)
credit - credit available on account (maybe)

Security won't be that much of an issue I don't think. Client will have to login to their account manually, enable WA on their account, and add the # to their account.
Additionally, admins will have the ability to turn each of these (and the global 'bot') on / off at will

Any other ideas on what commands I might add? Input? Is this something you'd find useful from your provider?

Last edited:
Hello,

So with your addon users can open, reply, close tickets in WHMCS from their WhatApps messenger? If this is the case, it might be very interesting.

Sadly, creating and replying to tickets won't be possible. The current addon that this will be migrated into simply shows notifications to the staff and client about things like invoices, etc, with a link to them. This will be ported over to WA.

The automated (bot like) features of this will be pretty simple. In addition to what's already been mentioned above, I can probably add close tickets (I like the idea there), and paying invoices has been discussed (if client has a card on file). I'm still a bit leery on the last one, but given that it won't be required (admins can shut it off), I don't see why not at least having it in there.

The current addon that this will be migrated into simply shows notifications to the staff and client about things like invoices, etc, with a link to them.

OK, I see. Thank you for clarification. I guess it will be good.

OK, I see. Thank you for clarification. I guess it will be good.

Oh it will.
I did some digging, and adding a reply option to the bot won't be that hard to do. Still not going to add a 'new ticket' option as that seems a bit much, but at least you'll be able to get a reply to the ticket in. At least , theoretically.

The idea of this addon/app is to get away from email as much as possible, get clients and staff notified faster , get tickets addressed faster (even added a 'nag' option in a couple years back), get rid of that stupid "I didn't get the email" response , from both staff and clients :)

Back