debian error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10

jlpeifer

Verified User
My DA server crashed forcing me to rebuild my server environment from scratch. The virtual server I lost was running CentOS. The new server image (provisioned by my VPS vendor) uses Debian 9. I didn't realize until now that I needed to change the OS version in my DA Account before going through the steps of installing DA onto the new server. A recent attempt at updating custombuild resulted in...

Code:
Your license OS ( ) does not match the OS installed (Debian 9).
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have changed the OS version of my DA license in the DA Account to Debian 9 and I have attempted Updating DirectAdmin Manually, but I'm encountering this error at every turn...

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin p
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And apparently I've managed to bork my DirectAdmin Service in general...

Code:
Sep 23 08:28:53 hosting systemd[1]: directadmin.service: Failed to set invocation ID on control group /system.slice/directadmin.service, i
Sep 23 08:28:53 hosting systemd[1]: Starting DirectAdmin Web Control Panel...
Sep 23 08:28:53 hosting directadmin[6663]: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10: cannot
Sep 23 08:28:53 hosting systemd[1]: directadmin.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=127
Sep 23 08:28:53 hosting systemd[1]: Failed to start DirectAdmin Web Control Panel.
Sep 23 08:28:53 hosting systemd[1]: directadmin.service: Unit entered failed state.
Sep 23 08:28:53 hosting systemd[1]: directadmin.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Can anyone provide input on how to get around this?

Thanks, I had attempted this; however, step 4 in the instructions (./directadmin p) resulted in the error listed in my original post....
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin p
./directadmin: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I just attempted to go through the instructions again, only this time I'm getting stopped at step 3 (tar xvzf update.tar.gz) with the error...
Code:
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

And issuing head -n 1 update.tar.gz results in...
Code:
* You are not allowed to run this program *

I'm logged in as root so I can't imagine what I'm "not allowed to run this program".

Not sure what changed (or what I did different) by I re-ran the instructions found in the post you provided and everything appears to be working again.

Prior to running the update again I did go back into my DA Account to re-check the type of OS associated with the license.... and even though I was sure I had chosen Debian 9 from the drop-down list AND chosen "Save" the OS was still listed as CentOS (not Debian 9). After choosing Debian 9 and Saving (then triple-checking to make certain the setting had been successfully saved) I was able to successfully follow the steps in the instructions provided. All is working again.

Many thanks for the input.

Back