Default DirectAdmin SMTP port, hostname and username?

wdc

Verified User
Hello,

on my cPanel server i am having PHP script that can send an e-mail via remote SMTP server (it can send using different encoding like base64, 8bit).
On DirectAdmin server i am having e-mail account [email protected] and i want to use it as that SMTP.
I can not find in DA which hostname, username and SMTP port i should be using.

It has some Outlook export, but i am not having outlook and can not find port in that file.
I wish DA shows these important details on E-mail accounts page.

The username is the same as the email address. For IMAP port number is 993, and POP is 995, and for SMTP you use port 465 or 587. You can use the server hostname as IMAP/SMTP address, or you can use mail.yourdomain.com

Most of these settings is shown to you when you create a new mail account. The template is located here: /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/mail_settings.html - and you can even customize the template as you wish and put it in /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom

Reactions: wdc
No sorry. Due to my answer to you I don't see any need for upvoting your request.
Ditto explained how you can use it and I personally don't see any reason for using the hostname as smtp server since mail.domain.com kan be used as smtp server.

Back