log backups

jwb

it is possible to delete the log backups with a cron or a php cron. I do not do anything with those log backups also seems useless. logs in if something does not work to detect errors. after that I throw them away anyway I can do that better by doing a cron than wasting space on my server every day

Hello,

Try and add logs directory to .backup_exclude_paths file under every users homedir.

[h=4]User ability to skip paths from their tar.gz backup files[/h]Probably there is another way to remove logs from backups, and I'm not aware of it. Probably somebody else can suggest a better way.

logs stay in home dir before html and not in backups map logs

it like me posible set of but i can not find

i have nothing on log backups

logs checks bij setup script and testing if faild bij script
repair script remove logs

i have more backuping my data than logs

its many years

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. Please clarify your thoughts. My best guess is that you want to configure DirectAdmin to exclude rotated web-server logs from backups. If this is a case, then you should try the method suggested above, DirectAdmin does not seem to have other options. At the moment you can globally use the following options:

Code:
skip_hometargz_in_backups=0
skip_domains_in_backups=0
skip_imap_in_backups=0
skip_uebimiau_in_backups=0
skip_roundcube_in_backups=0
skip_databases_in_backups=0
skip_ftp_on_backup_fail=0

Just set any of those per your needs to =1 in directadmin.conf

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. Please clarify your thoughts. My best guess is that you want to configure DirectAdmin to exclude rotated web-server logs from backups. If this is a case, then you should try the method suggested above, DirectAdmin does not seem to have other options. At the moment you can globally use the following options:

Code:
skip_hometargz_in_backups=0
skip_domains_in_backups=0
skip_imap_in_backups=0
skip_uebimiau_in_backups=0
skip_roundcube_in_backups=0
skip_databases_in_backups=0
skip_ftp_on_backup_fail=0

Just set any of those per your needs to =1 in directadmin.conf

logs by the hosting i,m not the hosting. hosting dont no
how i can say i will not backup the logs

Back