File manager adjustments

paaljoachim

Verified User
Opening the File Manager shows the list on the left. Here is a screenshot where I have selected the domains folder.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 12.27.48.png

1. It would be good to be able to select a default folder to have it open in.
Right now it opens in the Root folder. I usually go straight to the domain where I have my web site files.

2. Selecting the domains folder one has to scroll to see the contents.
What about adding on to the top left breadcrumbs like so: Dashboard/File Manager and then /Root/Domains
Or in the left sidebar list just below the Folders title show the breadcrumbs OR an up/back arrow. So that selected folder always shows in the top of the list. There would be no need to scroll, and one would not see all the folders one do not need to look at in the list. To go back one would just click in breadcrumbs OR a back/up arrow to go one back or up in the folder hierarchy. One could then focus on the folder one wants to see. In this case domains.

Perhaps something like this:

Direct-Admin-File-Manager.jpg

3. Selecting the domain to have focus in the top right Domain drop down could open the domain folder in File Manager.
As there is a specific domain has is selected. It could be set to good use with creating a focus on the domain folder in the File Manager.

The above features would make it easier to navigate the the File Manager.

Attachments

• Direct-Admin-File-Manager.jpg
    Direct-Admin-File-Manager.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7
Back