Backup Restore feature

Tafaz

Verified User
Hi, i've faced last days an annoying problem, i have 5 servers and two of them are also dns server for the hosted domains connected with Multiserver, i need to move domains from a server that will be turned off so i've made a backup from Admin Backup and moved to another machine.
When i tried to restore DA failed because that domain already exists in the DNS records but is not associated to any user, it would be great to have the option to let DA overwrite those records with the new IP instead of failing restore, or at least do the check before copying all files and resotring the databases because this would make the entire process much faster in case of mistakes.

Last edited:
To avoid this, you must unselect "Domain Check" and "User Check" in multiserver on all your servers. After restore, you can enable them again.

I did it, just to try, but unfortunately i ended up with "Domain.com already exists on the server.", i had to manually delete the dns record before importing the backup.

That option skips the check on other servers but not un the local named records.

I do not have this problem, and I am currently migrating several accounts every day. However what I do is that I do not add the new server to the other multiserver servers, so that the domains do not yet exist on the server the account is being restored on. Then after several weeks when I am finished migrating all the accounts from the old server, I then add the new server to the other servers multiserver.

it's a different scenario, these servers i'm talking about belong to one customer and as long as it's dismissing some sites he wants to fill unused space and obviously turn off unused servers, that's why i'm facing this problem.

Back