How to install NodeJS & MongoDB on directadmin

huythanhvn

How to install NodeJS & MongoDB on directadmin !
The ability to host Node.JS apps on DA, Git Version Control.

+1, i would like to see this feature implemented. Nowadays it's a must-have for web apps. CloudLinux is a third-party, i think it's a great idea not to rely on different third parties (the excessive cost to yourself per server/unit + reliability, etc).

Last edited:
I vote for Apache Passenger support for DirectAdmin.

I have requests to host node.js / rails / python wsgi apps from my users, so I did manual configuration via |CUSTOM2| template token.

Currently use LiteSpeed Enterprise on FreeBSD, but same config is suitable for apache w/mod_passenger (and linux) too:

PassengerUser username
PassengerGroup groupname

<Location /node>
PassengerAppRoot "/home/username/domains/userdomain.com/public_html/node"
PassengerBaseURI "/node"
PassengerNodejs "/usr/local/bin/node"
PassengerAppType node
PassengerStartupFile app.js
</Location>

Full mod_passenger documentation:

I vote for Apache Passenger support for DirectAdmin.

I have requests to host node.js / rails / python wsgi apps from my users, so I did manual configuration via |CUSTOM2| template token.

Currently use LiteSpeed Enterprise on FreeBSD, but same config is suitable for apache w/mod_passenger (and linux) too:

PassengerUser username
PassengerGroup groupname

<Location /node>
PassengerAppRoot "/home/username/domains/userdomain.com/public_html/node"
PassengerBaseURI "/node"
PassengerNodejs "/usr/local/bin/node"
PassengerAppType node
PassengerStartupFile app.js
</Location>

Full mod_passenger documentation:

Nginx Unit support is coming :) first bits already in pre-release, but it is not ready for production yet.

We do not use nginx, it loses in performance and user friendliness to the Litespeed Enterprise server. Can you just make such an opportunity for those who use native Apache? And for us, at the same time :)

I am familiar with nginx very closely, from the very beginning of this project, I built many systems on it. I have nothing against nginx, but modern hosting requires modern, flexible solutions. I would not upgrade to Litespeed Enterprise if nginx was cool enough for me.

We do not use nginx, it loses in performance and user friendliness to the Litespeed Enterprise server. Can you just make such an opportunity for those who use native Apache? And for us, at the same time :)

I am familiar with nginx very closely, from the very beginning of this project, I built many systems on it. I have nothing against nginx, but modern hosting requires modern, flexible solutions. I would not upgrade to Litespeed Enterprise if nginx was cool enough for me.

Nginx Unit != Nginx :) It would work on all the server types supported, because requests are proxied.

Nginx Unit != Nginx :) It would work on all the server types supported, because requests are proxied.

Uh! Thanks, dont' heard of it. Definetelly, need to test it and add one more service to my servers as another one point of failure :)

@smtalk I have DA with LITE Licence installed on Centos7. Is there any solution to show extra features like NODEJS and python selector without reinstalling the CLoudLinux ?
Very complex stuff to run web app withtout these features.

Back