Domains not bound to DirectAdmin after converter ran

dachmo

Verified User
We just installed Fedora Core 3 release and DirectAdmin. We're changing over from RedHat7.2 and cPanel. We downloaded the coverter tool in the third party software area and ran it and it converted the backups fine. During the DirectAdmin install, Apache didn't install correctly and wasn't recognizing any vhosts. We restored the backups and my admin recompiled Apache and got it working, all the sites that have files in /home/username/public_html/ are displaying correctly, PHP is working fine so is MySQL. The problem is that when you login to DirectAdmin as the administrator it says that there are 44 users and 0 domains on the machine.

If you try to login as a user, you get a bad password on that account until it's changed under the reseller level. Once it's changed you can login fine, but you have *no* options. The only links are one to domain administration to add a new domain, or file management. I assume the domain adminstration link is defualt when there is no domain assigned to that account, it wants you to add one to have options to work with. However if you try to add the domain name that is currently assigned to and working on the accoun (but directadmin doesn't see this apparently) it gives an error saying that it can't add the domain, you've either run out of disk space or bandwidth.

I restored all these accounts using the option to restore accounts from backups in the admin level login, it seemed to have worked other than not associating the domains with the actual login. Anyone else ever run into this or know how I can fix this? My customers aren't trying to kill me so badly now that at least their sites are online, but they're rather upset that they can't login and access their account options.

Back