Change the registration e-mail address

Icheb

Verified User
I have a bit of a problem, one of my users has changed e-mail address.
This means the e-mail address i typed in during the creation of his account is no longer valid, but i am unable to find the location where i can edit this.

My second (a bit more admin like) question : Those e-mail addresses, where are they stored exactly, i'm currently working on a system that's able to send e-mails to all users without DA, because if my server goes down i also am unable to access DA.
My main question is, where are they stored, so i can copy them to a database on another server ?

Hello,

The email address is saved in DA in 2 locations:
1) User Panel -> Stats/Logs
2) Message System (message system is where message/ticket notifications are sent)

1) /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/user.conf
2) /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/ticket.conf

You'll probably want to use the user.conf version for sending out emails. Up to you :)
Note that the files are owned by "diradmin" and are chmod 600, so you'll have to ensure you have the proper permissions to read them. Else you can use the api to get the user info.

John

I think root will be quite enough to read/write to chmodded (0600) files :D

Thank you for answering :)

But will it be possible in future versions of DA to edit the e-mail address without using VI or Pico or another text editor ?
(Or did i just miss the feature ?)

DirectAdmin Support said:
The email address is saved in DA in 2 locations:
1) User Panel -> Stats/Logs
2) Message System (message system is where message/ticket notifications are sent)

John

Back