Problem with moving da users

nbhosting

Verified User
Hi all

Yesterday i moved al mij custumers to my brandnew server
but i ran in some little problems

i did the following:

1. i downloaden al admin/user_backups to the new server
2. logged in as admin and restored the backups (works)
3. i downloaden al /reseller/user_backups
4. logged is as the reseller i restored the backups

All domains are working fine thru ip/~user

But i got 1 problem
if i go to the reseller there are no domains

Anyone got an idea what this could be?

Have you tried deleting the accounts and restoring them again?

Otherwise see if the accounts existed (outside DA) before you restored them. This caused problems on one of my servers when I did the same.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

ale the users i added under admin are working fine and they showup in de user list

But all i restored index the reseller is not showing up in the user list

if i check /reseller/domains there is nothing

/home contains the users

and they are loadeble thru ip~user

but not showing up in de reseller user list

anyone got a solution?
i tryd to chown all files chmod 755
no succes do

almost fixed

i tryed to restore the backups again

now the users showup in the reseller list

only 1 problem left

on mij admin pages it says: total domains = 2

Does it take some time the count it right?

i got 70 site under the reseller
and 66 site under admin

thats would make 136 domains

As far as I know it should show the correct count immediately. I'll refer this link to John and Mark and see if they can help with this.

Regards,
Onno

Hello,

The total number of domains should be counted during the tally, so it won't show up in the admin stats immediately.

I'm thinking there is a bug when an admin/reseller does the restore of his own data.. I'll look into it. I'm hearing a few cases where things like the Reseller's own domains are not showing up in his domains.list file. That could be caused by a "write" of his data before the info is added... not too sure, I'll have to look into it.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
I'm thinking there is a bug when an admin/reseller does the restore of his own data.. I'll look into it. I'm hearing a few cases where things like the Reseller's own domains are not showing up in his domains.list file. That could be caused by a "write" of his data before the info is added... not too sure, I'll have to look into it.

There is a bug. The admin and resellers domain list never get's populated. So far I've been having to add the domains manually to the /usr/local/directadmin/data/username/domains.list files. But it does work properly when restoring users at least.

Edit: Reseller plans are also not backed up it appears. At least for the admin reseller level when doing his own backup. Neither are administration settings.

Last edited:
I'll look into it.

Re-package: The "manage user backups" page only deals with user level data, so reseller level data (ie: packages) are not included in the restore.

John

Another missed item that doesn't get backed up are any custom mailboxes that aren't the default (Inbox, Trash, Sent, etc.)
At least for the admin user level. I haven't gotten any reports from users about missing mail directories yet so....
I haven't done extensive testing on this, it might only happen with the default primary email account(s).

Back