preferred da setup for no reselling

domecms

Verified User
i've got a new DA install on a dedicated box that i'll be the only one reselling hosting for. Is there a preferred way of setting up DA? Should i create all users (domains) as admin? Should i only create 1 reseller (myself) as admin and then use that reseller to set up all other users? Just wondering if there are management issues down the line that either option works better for.

I don't think theres a hard and fast rule but personally I opted to set users up in a reseller account.

Firstly so I log in as a reseller not admin each time which limits the damage that can be done (I login as admin as little as possible)

Secondly so I can cron a backup to the slave drive each night using the reseller backup system for all my end users (I'm unsure that admin users are backed up properly at the moment but someone may correct me!)

Hope this helps,

Rob

Last edited:
matrixx said:

Firstly so I log in as a reseller not admin each time which limits the damage that can be done (I login as admin as little as possible)

thanks.. that makes alot of sense, plus i just found DA easier to get my head around if i didn't try to use admin as a reseller.

Back