License file update failed

jschurawlow

Verified User
I am now getting errors where the license file has now in grace period and the new one is giving errors downloading it. Is there something I must do to resolve this or will it auto update and auto fix itself?

Your license file for * has passed its designated expiry date and is currently in a grace period where it will function for a few more days past the expiry before deactivating DirectAdmin.
If a new license has not been provided, you can update the license manually from the 'Licensing/Updates' section in the Admin menu.

Failing that, if you have paid the license fee and feel that the license should be working, contact [email protected] and we will resolve the issue.

This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the license file.
The generated message is as follows:

New License is invalid: Unable to read the contents of the license<br>
<br>

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

I have this showing up now two days in a row. Would there be some reason for this happening?

edit: OS FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE

-Justin

Last edited:
Also if I attempt to download it that fails too. Is there a certain program specifically I should be looking at that DA has custom to download license files?

-Justin

Anyone else experiencing these problems presently? or able to help? Suggestions? I have already sent an email to [email protected] but I seriously need to fix this asap the license will be fully unusable within 2 more days approx.

-Justin

Sorry for not updating the thread, I tried using the getlicense script on console via ssh and I ended up getting denied the license download by the update server. I have since contacted staminus (datacenter I have the license with) about getting this issue resolved. Aparently an IP is not matching or some other problem.

-Justin

Problems at the update of license...

000000495 *** An error has occurred while trying to update the license file *** 10/06/2008
000000500 *** An error has occurred while trying to update the software *** 10/06/2008
000000532 *** Your license has passed its expiry and is in a grace period *** Today at 04:00
000000534 *** An error has occurred while trying to update the license file *** Today at 04:01

In a panel began to shine:
License has expired

Made attempt renew in hand...
[root@srv scripts]# ./getLicense.sh 9*** 3**** 91.***.*.**
--19:34:52-- https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/licenseupdate?lid=3****&uid=9***
Resolving www.directadmin.com... 66.51.122.131
Connecting to www.directadmin.com|66.51.122.131|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: `/usr/local/directadmin/conf/license.key'

[ <=> ] 45 --.-K/s in 0s

19:34:57 (12.0 MB/s) - `/usr/local/directadmin/conf/license.key' saved [45]

You are not authorized to download the license with that client id and license id (and/or ip). Please email [email protected]
[root@srv scripts]#

Before brushed up fine...
That can be and how to decide this problem?

Back