Define which file extensions are editable in file manager

sitestreet

Verified User
There are now a number of file types that people use in their sites, many of them containing plain text. It would be great if we could determine which file extensions allow editing in the DA file manager rather than just the default ones like .htm, .html, .php, .txt, etc. I would like to be able to tell DA that .jon can be edited too (for example). Then, if a customer says that they use a particular file type we can just add it to the list of editable files.

I could have sworn I replied to this thread. Eitherway what I would personally like to see is the same kind of control as you would get with ssh.

For example, all files regardless of extensions could be edited, but Operating System files such as .bash_history or .shadow could not be seen or edited just like when using ssh.

Doesn't see any reasons for additional restrictions. It doesn't seems that SSH restricted editing of any files. "$ pico .bash_history" and "$ pico .shadow" runs without problem.
.shadow and others always was editable via FTP - someone got any problems with that?
In any way, .my.cnf, .forward and any custom-named file created or uploaded by user should be editable.

While on the subject of the file manager. How about the ability to create links to other directories. This feature would be beneficial for those non technical people who don't know how or have ssh access to for example, create a link from private_html to public_html or vice versa.

talking about pulling a post out of the grave.....

anyone know how I can achieve this?
some of our clients need to edit phtml files and da's file manage don't seem to allow it.

any clue?

Rename the file to .html, edit the file, rename it back to .phtml.

Hello,

DirectAdmin uses the /etc/mime.types file to determine which files will show the Edit link in the filemanager.
There is an "isText" function in DA which looks for the extention type to start with "text/" in the mime.types file.

So to add any file with an "Edit" link, simply set it in the mime.types file.
Sample line:
Code:
text/html                       html htm phtml shtml

In any case, DA also as a small internal list.
I've added phtml to it for the next release.

John

Back