Thread: Webmail seems not work on fresh install...

Webmail seems not work on fresh install...

Trying to go to webmail for first time on a fresh install I receive this error :

Warning: mkdir(./tmp/_cached_templates): Permission denied in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1412

Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory "./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net" in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php.' in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543

Warning: fetch(./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633
    -nick
    Systems Engineer
    Lunarpages.com.

sounds like a corruped smarty.class.php file to me...... search for that file in the DA package and replace it if DA has a backup version
    OptimumServers » Managed Dedicated Servers & General Systems Management » Coming Soon!
    ProWebUK - Quality Web Services
    DirectAdmin Server Checklist

Warning: _get_auto_filename(./smarty/core/core.assemble_auto_filename.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1702

Fatal error: _get_auto_filename(): Failed opening required './smarty/core/core.assemble_auto_filename.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1702

That fixed some....
    -nick
    Systems Engineer
    Lunarpages.com.

Replacing all of smarty (using a smarty lib I had in gallery2) gets it down to one error :

Fatal error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/var/www/html/webmail/tmp'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1147

chmod 777's /var/www/html/webmail/tmp gets me down to one more error :

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "neotech.net/login.htm" in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1147

Apparently webmail is highly corrupt, anyway to reinstall only the webmail portion?
    -nick
    Systems Engineer
    Lunarpages.com.

Hello,
    To reinstall webmail, type:
    Code:
    cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
    ./webmail.sh
    Perhaps the "apache" user didn't exist at the time of the install, which would explain the permission errors. (for the ./tmp directory)

John

Worked like a charm
    -nick
    Systems Engineer
    Lunarpages.com.

Hi John,

Code:
    cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
    ./webmail.sh
    Will this fix erase all existing webmail mail ?

The reason I ask is becuase we noticed this after restoring a resellers backup and after a few days.

Just want to make sure.

Thanks !
    New CyberAdmin Skin! DirectAdmin is just not the same without CyberAdmin skin. Give your customers the best web hosting control panel with the best skin in the market!

Whitelabel,Responsive,Beautiful,3 Intelligent navigation methods and maintained by professionals. Check it out:
    Spanish: http://www.cyberneticos.com/cyberadmin.php
    English : http://www.cyberneticos.com/en/cyberadmin.php

The mail is saved in the IMAP server, so far as i know you can reinstall the software without having any problems.