Webmail seems not work on fresh install...

snickn

Verified User
Trying to go to webmail for first time on a fresh install I receive this error :

Warning: mkdir(./tmp/_cached_templates): Permission denied in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1412

Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory "./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net" in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php.' in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543

Warning: fetch(./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633

sounds like a corruped smarty.class.php file to me...... search for that file in the DA package and replace it if DA has a backup version :)

Warning: _get_auto_filename(./smarty/core/core.assemble_auto_filename.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1702

Fatal error: _get_auto_filename(): Failed opening required './smarty/core/core.assemble_auto_filename.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1702

That fixed some....

Replacing all of smarty (using a smarty lib I had in gallery2) gets it down to one error :

Fatal error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/var/www/html/webmail/tmp'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1147

chmod 777's /var/www/html/webmail/tmp gets me down to one more error :

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "neotech.net/login.htm" in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1147

Apparently webmail is highly corrupt, anyway to reinstall only the webmail portion?

Hello,
To reinstall webmail, type:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./webmail.sh

Perhaps the "apache" user didn't exist at the time of the install, which would explain the permission errors. (for the ./tmp directory)

John

Hi John,

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./webmail.sh

Will this fix erase all existing webmail mail ?

The reason I ask is becuase we noticed this after restoring a resellers backup and after a few days.

Just want to make sure.

Thanks !

The mail is saved in the IMAP server, so far as i know you can reinstall the software without having any problems. :)

Back