User Email Accounts

mmsitech

Verified User
Is there anyway to interface with the API to just create email accounts?

This is actually what I am trying to accomplish. I want my ISP clients to be able to create their own emails without having to log into Directadmin. I have a specific user account created for the clients to sign up under.

Is this possible?

Hello,

Yes. All commands are accessible via API, even if they arn't listed. You just need to figure out what needs to be passed.

Create Email:

<form action=/CMD_EMAIL_POP method=POST>
action=create
domain=domain.com
user=emailname (do not include @domain.com)
passwd=password
passwd2=password
create=Create

Where the items in bold are variables which need to be set.

John

I am new to DA.

First, what is API?

And how can one allow its visitors create their own mailboxes?

Please Help.

Hello,

API = Advanced Programming Interface. In order for you to use it, you'll need to know how to use php, and a good idea on how the httpd protocol works. More info can be found at www.directadmin.com/api.html

To use it, you'd have to create a php script that accesses DA through the API using your system username and password.

John

Hello,
Could someone please help me...

Where exactly do I pune that code?

<form action=/CMD_EMAIL_POP method=POST>
action=create
domain=domain.com
user=emailname (do not include @domain.com)
passwd=password
passwd2=password
create=Create

???

Thank You in advance!

Hello,

They always have been :) I just never got around to documenting e v e r y s i n g l e o n e :D

All the "api" is simply a homemade webbrowser that run insde a php script. You can do anything with the script that you can do with a browser.

John

Ahhhh :)

http://www.directadmin.com/api.html still says:
This the first release of the DirectAdmin API for basic functions. More DirectAdmin commands will be added to the API when time permits,

So I was under the impression that only some commands could be used through the API, but obviously you meant only some are documented :)

Cheers,
Matt :)

Is there noone who could help me.........

Could someone please write a simple how-to to let visitors create their own mailboxes...?

Thank you...

I think there needs to be some incentive **cough $$ cough** .. and I'm sure someone would be more than willing to help. :D

John

Back