Plugin: SMTP Limiter

after the last update i get this:

LOG: PANIC DIE
Exim configuration error in line 551 of /etc/exim.conf:
error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "et acl_c0 = ${lookup{$sender_host_address}lsearch{/etc/virtual/pophosts_user}{${p
erl{find_user}{$value}}}}"

did not work with ClamAV
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10478
:(

i can't send and mail by outlook all time error

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'vvvvvv', Account: '*****@*****.net', Server: 'mail.*****.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Temporary local problem - please try later', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

any fix to work both fine

i tried on CentOs 4.2 and works fine. Its a good plugin, but dont work on CentOS 3.3

How often do the stats update? And what is the easiest way to test if the plugin is working correctly?

Last edited:
Dovecot

Just a little warning:
If you upgrade to Dovecot, exim will fail with the modified exim.pl
This is too bad due to that this is an excellent plugin.
Hope that ClayRabbit have the possibility to look into this when he have time
(Worked ok before Dovecot, CentOS v4.1)

The plugin fail with DA 2.6.x

2005-12-26 04:17:12 my.host (localhost.loc) [201.541.255.255] F=<my@email> temporarily rejected RCPT <my@email>: failed to expand ACL string "${lookup{$sender_host_address}lsearch{/etc/virtual/pophosts_user}{${perl{find_user}{$value}}}}": Undefined subroutine &main::find_user called.

Any updates on this, specifically for dovecot? I'm guessing that the exim.pl file just needs to be re-patched. This could be a very handy script, thanks Clay!

does SMTP Limiter update users BW tally ???
Becouse the /etc/virtual/usage dir is empty since.

hostpc.com, I didn't noticed any differences between old exim.pl and exim.pl after switching to dovecot. So exim.pl is still the same.
It's seems working fine on one our server where we switched to dovecot.

maddog, AFAIK DirectAdmin doesn't add SMTP BW usage to account BW usage stats for a while.

ClayRabbit, DA adds the '/etc/virtual/usage/username.bytes' to the BW tally daily.
Since installed SMTP plugin the '/etc/virtual/usage/' is empty so I dunno if SMTP does it.

Tested. Damn right. DA counts it now.
It seems we should add this BW to account usage with our daily reset_limits.sh...
I'll think about it.

Hey, i saw that you have releaced the version 0.93. So you have a changelog ?

Just installed this plugin onto my server.
FC3, Exim 4.62
works perrfectly for now .. no erros in exim at all great work dude !!!!!!:cool:

Back