Plugin: SMTP Limiter

well first issue, but i think its minor.
I have a cronjob for MRTG which emails me.

so see the error .. its complaining about local_delivery .. maybe something i missed editing in exim.conf ? i ran it over a few times and seems i did it ok.

Code:
2006-06-09 21:05:02 1FomI2-0000Sm-36 [B]F=<[email protected]> rejected by non-SMTP ACL:[/B] 
failed to expand ACL string "${perl{find_user}}": [B]Undefined subroutine &main::find_user called.[/B] /CODE] 

i also copied the exim.pl

any suggestions are welcome :D

Last edited:
Make sure this error is persist AFTER you copied new exim.pl and reloaded exim.
Such error appears when new exim.conf is used with old (DA default) exim.pl.

the plugin works great except on one server.
it won't increase the count if i use outlook to send email

Last edited:
ClayRabbit said:
Make sure this error is persist AFTER you copied new exim.pl and reloaded exim.
Such error appears when new exim.conf is used with old (DA default) exim.pl.

Yes positive! i updated my exim from 4.60 to 4.62, and tried downloading the new exim.conf on files.directadmin.com.

It doesn't matter which program you using to send mail. Only authentication method makes sence.
Try to look into /etc/virtual/.smtp_usage and see which of the files have changed after you send your email message.
AFAIK Outlook doesn't support SMTP-auth and can be authorized only with "POP-before-SMTP" method. So make sure /etc/virtual/pophosts_user is updated correectly (you should find your ip and pop3-username there).

ClayRabbit said:
It doesn't matter which program you using to send mail. Only authentication method makes sence.
Try to look into /etc/virtual/.smtp_usage and see which of the files have changed after you send your email message.
AFAIK Outlook doesn't support SMTP-auth and can be authorized only with "POP-before-SMTP" method. So make sure /etc/virtual/pophosts_user is updated correectly (you should find your ip and pop3-username there).
/etc/virtual/pophosts_user is not updating..
what should i do to fix it?

Then maybe da-popb4smtp daemon is down or it wasn't updated ('pophosts_user' file supported since DA version 1.25). Or maybe some other problem with da-popb4smtp or /var/log/maillog ...

[root@ccc6 scripts]# service exim restart
Shutting down exim:
Starting exim: 2006-08-31 00:10:30 Exim configuration error in line 431 of /etc/exim.conf:
error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "exists{/etc/virtual/.smtp_deny/$acl_c0} {yes}}}}"

Exim wont be start?

Last edited:
hehachris said:
the plugin works great except on one server.
it won't increase the count if i use outlook to send email

I'm having the same problem here.

Remco00 said:
I'm having the same problem here.

Think I figured it out. When I use Outlook to sent a mail to an adress belonging to a domain hosted on the same server as the smtp mailserver, it is not increasing the count and the pophosts_user file is not updated. But when I use an external adress to sent the email, it is increasing and also the pophosts_user file is updated. What is reason for this?

exim.pl overwritten after update DA

Update DA (1.28) installs another exim.pl file which generates this error:

---

F=<> rejected by non-SMTP ACL: failed to expand ACL string "${perl{find_user}}": Undefined subroutine &main::find_user called.

---

Thanx, but do you know if DA made some necessary modifications in their exim.pl?

Back