Plugin: SMTP Limiter

Hi ClayRabbit,

Is there any way to automatically disable SMTP access by default when a new user is added? Thanks for any advance!

Anthony.

i was able to send OUT ok, but now test emails to the system i get:

2007-02-03 23:17:12 failed to expand condition "${perl{save_virtual_user}}" for virtual_user router: Undefined subroutine &main::save_virtual_user called.

2007-02-03 23:17:12 H=wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.232] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>:
2007-02-03 23:17:12 H=wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.232] incomplete transaction (QUIT) from <[email protected]>

==> paniclog <==
2007-02-03 23:17:12 failed to expand condition "${perl{save_virtual_user}}" for virtual_user router: Undefined subroutine &main::save_virtual_user called.

==> rejectlog <==
2007-02-03 23:17:12 H=wx-out-0506.google.com [66.249.82.232] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>:

Is it possible to provide two diffs for the modifications you made in exim.conf and exim.pl and give the location of the file instead.

I used the limiter befor but have a custom config already and using the methods described in your first post in this thread will brake the current functionality.

You have already told what to do with the .conf but it would be nice to mention this as well for the .pl

I do not want the plugin to show up in DA as well.

SMTP limiter & DOVECOT

Just install plugin on server without dovecot, work good, no problem. But when i install limiter on server with dovecot have problem!
1. Only phpmail() counting
2. all email send to users on this server rejecting with error 'unknown user'

anybody help me!

Hi everybody
this is an error i get in /var/log/exim/mainlog:
failed to expand condition "${perl{save_virtual_user}}" for virtual_user router: Undefined subroutine &main::save_virtual_user called.

did next in exim.conf:
uncomment this line: condition = ${if eq {}{${if exists{/etc/virtual/${domain}/passwd}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/virtual/${domain}/passwd}}}}}{no}{yes}}
and comment this: #condition = ${perl{save_virtual_user}}

error has disappeared, but counting only emails send via phpmail, and no rejecting whene linit exceeded.

Help me please.

OK, I'll copy save_virtual_user() function to plugin's exim.pl for compatibility.

but counting only emails send via phpmail, and no rejecting whene linit exceeded.
How was sent this emails which not counted?
Also, take a look on this post

Last edited:
You have already told what to do with the .conf but it would be nice to mention this as well for the .pl
Sorry, but this files is too differend now. DA even changed function names in their exim.pl.

I do not want the plugin to show up in DA as well.
Then you probably should set active=no inside Plugin Manager.

DA is going to continue to change the exim.pl file over time; we've made changes to the exim.conf file to match several times.

If your plugin can't change over time then you should probably be in touch with DirectAdmin staff to see if they can leave old functions in the .pl file as well as the new ones.

Jeff

How was sent this emails which not counted?
Messages sendet via webmail (suerril & uebimiau) and from thunderbird with smtp authority - not counting.

Last edited:
Are you sure you have
set acl_c0 = ${perl{find_user}}
line after
authenticated = *
inside your exim.conf?

I have checked your exim.conf.
You should add
Code:
set acl_c0 = ${perl{find_user}}
after
Code:
accept hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
endpass
message = authentication required
authenticated = *
also.

Note added to installation instructions:
If line "authenticated = *" appear more than once inside your exim.conf, then you probably should add "set acl_c0 = ${perl{find_user}}" after each ocurrence of this line.

always get 451 error in ourlook when i try to send with this pllugin activated. any solution for that?

Inone of our servers the limiter not get reseted at the next day.. is a cron issue?

This is a great plugin that works perfectly well ( On CentOS 4.x at least ). But 1 problem is, that it's intefering with the apache port that's causing apache to crash every hour or so.

Back