Plugin: SMTP Limiter

i mean...

SMTP Limiter its not working, its do nothing at all.

It never worked on my server either, I just gave up on it in the end.

Sorry guys, I think it only means that you have installed it incorrectly or misconfigured exim...
It keeps working on 10 our web-servers under FreeBSD and RedHat.
As you understand, I can't help you, while you are not providing any details about your problems with plugin.

It dont return any error and i done all steps in the install details.

by the by...
i have Exim 4.54, DA 1.24 and Centos 3.4

Last edited:
works perfectly well on FreeBSD 4x and 5x,
just tested it.

which OS you running?

I kept it simple to minimise errors when
implementing, but you never know.

if you're running FreeBSD, I can set it
up for you as it's a 1 minute job.

Just got SMTP Limiter Plugin working... don't know what I was doing wrong before, but works excellently now.

Well done to ClayRabbit for making an excellent plugin :)

Originally posted by walo
read previous posts
I read it. So what? I didn't see any modifications that can be useful for my plugin.
If you addresed it to squirrelhost then i beleive you should post it there, not here.

Last edited:
I have written to walo and asked him to explain his post further. If he cannot, I will remove it, since it makes no sense in the context of this thread.

May I remind anyone that any third-party software offered in these forums is, unless otherwise stated, offered without warranty or liability of any kind.

walo, if it doesn't work for you, then just don't use it.

Clay Rabbit, if you don't have access to a RHEL (CentOS) based system and would like such access to see if your code works on said platform, let me know.

Jeff

Ok, this is it.

SMTP Limiter does not work for me, and the default limiter either.

Then i saw this and it work fine. So i desired to make a bit of modification to the SMTP Limiter plugin and that script to enhanced both them, and make simple for that users that dont have much knowledge.

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10384

ClayRabbit, sorry for my last post, but i dont speek english, and its difficult to me to express my self. I hope not been crude.

i hope that we can work together to make this the best plugin.

SMTP Limiter 0.92 released

Installation step added:
4.7) After:
Code:
  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
add:
Code:
      set acl_c0 = ${lookup{$sender_host_address}lsearch{/etc/virtual/pophosts_user}\
                             {${perl{find_user}{$value}}}}
(If you have already installed previous version of SMTP Limiter and modified your exim.conf, then you need to execute this step only and replace /etc/exim.pl with new version.)

Changes in 0.92:

[-] Bug fixed: Sender not determined if message was received using SMTP-authentication.

[+] Ability to notify admin when someone exceeds his message limit. (See $notify_admin variable inside exim.pl)

[+] DirectAdmin modified da-popb4smtp - now it writes /etc/virtual/pophosts_user with IP and username of authorized user. Added support for it. So now SMTP Limiter covers all email sources (hmm... except majordomo maillists i think :)

[+] Users is able to view mail limits and usage inside their DirectAdmin interface.

[+] Previous day usage stats stored and displayed.

Last edited:
jlasman said:
Clay Rabbit, if you don't have access to a RHEL (CentOS) based system and would like such access to see if your code works on said platform, let me know.
Yes, i'd like to test it on CentOS if you can provide me with some access.

work perfectly !! Thank you !

Last edited:
Back