Email: SMTP Verify

GNeRaL

Verified User
It was not possible to send this e-mail

SMTP Error: Invalid username/password

Back

------------------------

Can i disable smtp verify ? /etc/exim.conf?

DA has two methos of verification built in to email sending.

One of them is SMTP Verify, and the other is POP before SMTP.

You should be able to get around the error your seeing by having your user check for mail before sending it.

Yes, you can make changes to /etc/exim.conf to turn off verification.

If you do your server will become an open relay, and any spammer in the world will be able to use it to send spam. Tests have shown it will be only a few hours before spammers DO find it and start using it.

So please tell us if you do, so we can make sure you're added to all the open-relay blocklists, so no one will receive any of the spam (or in fact any other email) from your server.

:(

Jeff

jlasman said:

Yes, you can make changes to /etc/exim.conf to turn off verification.

:(

Jeff

how Jeff? Please help me..

Have you read my reply?

If I help you, or if you figure it out on yourself, your system becomes open to every spammer on the planet.

So I won't help you.

Which is a good thing.

Because if I did, I'd have to add you to all the blocklists and your mail wouldn't get anywhere.

Follow my suggestions for using either SMTP Authentication or POP before SMTP authentication on your client's machines. That's what the rest of us do.

I can't tell you how to do that because each email client is different. But it can be done, and must be done if your users are to use your email server for outgoing email.

Jeff

Back